Back in May I won tickets to a really amazing event called Unique LA and had the best time ever! I highly HIGHLY recommend checking this out and definitely bring your wallet because you are going to want to buy ALL THE THINGS! Like I was shook at how much amazing local stuff there was. I also went by myself and stayed all day and had an absolute blast!
“Your dollars make a direct impact in your neighborhood! The entrepreneurs you shop from at Unique LA are registered business owners in their cities, and therefore local taxpayers, so buying from them directly helps your neighborhood public schools, libraries, fire departments, parks, and more. How great is that?!”
— Sonja Rasula, Founder of Unique LA Continue reading “Unique LA”
Mother’s Day is this Sunday May 14th, 2017!! If you need a last minute Mother’s day gift ideas for a mom (or Grandma, or Mother-in-law, or step-mom or baby mama) in your life, I’ve got you covered! Being from Florida I know tons of moms who like to have fun in the sun whether they’re by the pool, at the beach, or on the boat which inspired these gift ideas! These Mother’s Day gifts are great on their own or would be even better as a themed gift in a nice big basket or bag to really wow her.
Most of these gifts are available at Nordstrom which always has free shipping over $50 and also has this amazing feature where you can order online and pick it up at your nearest store! If you’re in LA and want to pick it up at the Grove you just pull into the valet and they bring it to your car! I tried it recently and felt like I was doing an errand for a rich person haha, but I loved it so convenient!
Megaphone by Sunnylife ($24) When I saw this I immediately thought of my friend Annabelle’s mom Fancy Nancy DeSisto (be sure to listen to them on the Adderall and Compliments Podcast). She’s a super activist and would love to have this thing at a march or rally I’m sure! Plus what mom wouldn’t like this to just yell at their kids in the pool? It runs on 4 C batteries. Continue reading “Mother’s Day Gift Ideas 2017”
Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed my Holiday Gifts Ideas for Her 2016 post with tons of ideas from Nordstrom! One of my hobbies is cooking and I have a lot of kitchen gadgets and tools that I have ordered from Amazon and love. So even though these aren’t beauty/dating/travel related I thought it might be helpful to see some items that could be good for a range of people on your shopping list. Also lots of these are Amazon Prime which means they have free 2-day shipping so these are great for last minute gifts too! Continue reading “Amazon Holiday Gift Ideas 2016”
I recently attended a Nordstrom Morning Beauty Event and they had TONS of awesome gift ideas I had to share! If you didn’t know, Nordstrom regularly holds great (free!) beauty events in store where you usually get some really great samples and freebies! They had tons of raffles at mine and I even won a Nest home diffuser! You can see if your store is having any Nordstrom events here. The Nordstrom at the Grove is even having Mr. Francois Nars in store on December 10th from 2-4pm for a book signing.
Also don’t forget to use Ebates because Nordstrom currently has 6% cash back.
My top pick for a gift is either of these: Continue reading “Holiday Gift Ideas for Her 2016”
Creating my DIY Ikea ALEX Vanity has seriously added joy into my everyday life. It may sound silly but having this really nice, well lit, comfortable, organized setting where I can spend some Me Time getting ready has felt super luxurious and has been a wonderful improvement in the quality of my daily life. I’m an avid watcher of YouTube beauty gurus and if you are too then you know that the Ikea Alex 5 Drawers are part of the “Basic Beauty Guru Starter Pack”, but that’s for good reason, they are amazing for storing makeup! And affordable. I will say this post is not a true DIY so you’re not going to have to make a bunch of trips to Home Depot (insert prayer hands emoji here), but more of a how do you put together the Ikea ALEX vanity like all those other beauty gurus step-by-step guide as well as information on other alternative options. I spent a ton of time researching my set up before finally pulling the trigger and making the purchase so now I get to share my findings with you all! Continue reading “DIY Ikea ALEX Vanity”
Welcome to a new mini-series here on Blushing in Hollywood all about how to make and keep things sexy in your relationship. If you are single and dating these tips are also going to be very helpful. I think people can get in a rut where your partner starts to feel just like a buddy and while that has it’s pros too, it’s important to keep the romance alive. I’m going to start with how to make your home sexy. First of all, a clean home is a sexy home so this is going to take some work on your part. The good news is that it’s your home so you’ll reap the benefits even when the date is over.
Cleaning – This is not a fun chore, but I do love having friends and dates over because it forces you to clean your place.
1. Bathroom Basics: Put away anything you don’t want the other person to see- medications, your enormous makeup collection, etc. Clean around the sink area and the mirror. Close the shower curtain/shower door (make sure the shower is clean if you think someone might be taking one). Clean up all the hair- bread trimmings in the sink, dust bunnies in the corner, clumps in the shower on the wall or in the drain. Make sure there is a (recently emptied) garbage can that is lined and preferably that has a lid because this is important if you’re going to have a lady over who needs to throw lady things away. There should be at least one rug in your bathroom and a towel on the floor doesn’t count. You should own at a minimum 4 bath towels, but preferably more (the best place to find the cheapest ones is at TJ-Maxx type stores). There also needs to be a place for the towels to hang to dry. There should be soap (preferably liquid not bar) near the sink for washing hands and you should own hand towels for drying hands. There should be plenty of toilet paper on the holder and extra in an easily accessible location. Throw away the empty rolls. Have a container of flushable wipes out and available.
Bathroom Extras: Mouthwash with tiny cups and spare (new obviously) toothbrushes. A nice candle burning. Guys- make sure there is conditioner in the shower if you think your girl is going to take one because 98% of us use it or just go ahead and buy girly shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a loofah in the travel section at Target for us. If you don’t want her to ruin your towels with makeup, you may want to have some clean washcloths handy. Have some common medications on hand like Tylenol, allergy meds (especially if you have a pet), etc.
Worst things I’ve/my friends have seen in a bathroom: No toilet paper, no towel, no/broken door for the bathroom(!!?), overflowing trash can, easily visible condom wrappers in the trash can, toothbrush or toothpaste somewhere that looks dirty, guy peeing in my toilet and not only leaving the seat up but not flushing, hoarding a disturbing amount of books and magazines by the toilet.
Continue reading “Sexy Series – Making Your Home Sexy”
These are my favorite products for August 2014! They are some great deals and hidden gems. I also included my mini room and office makeover. Enjoy!
Here’s my August 2014 favorites! If you want to see last month’s click here. I wish they were flashier looking, but at least you know I’m posting them because they do WERK hunny!
1. Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat ($6.95 here ) – I found out about this top coat from one of my new fave YouTubers CoffeeBreakWithDani and she owns a very large cabinet filled with nail polish so I knew I could trust her. This top coat is super fast drying, very shiny, and will definitely keep your polish from chipping! I used to like the cult favorite Seche Vite, but that one gets so thick and goopy! I really like this one.
2. House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive ($8 here) – So I wish I would have been able to test this more than once so I could give you a more thorough review, but the one time I did use this glue OMG it was everything. Even though I made a post all about how I apply false lashes, I tend to shy away from them when I have to have my face on for a long day because they make my eyes water and then all my eye makeup comes off in the corner of my eyes. This also loosens the glue and they will start to lift in the corners. My eyes also tend to get red and irritated when I wear falsies. This glue however is hypo-allergenic and the glue is latex-free which I think is the key it would make sense that I have a light latex allergy and that is what is causing me problems. Unlike the Duo Lash Adhesive there is an actual applicator with this one so you can use the right amount. It’s also not as thick and goopy as the Duo can be. All in all I wore these lashes for about 10 hours and it was the least annoying falsies have ever been for me I had 0 problems.
3. Merkury Innovations Bluetooth Shower Speaker With Mic ($24.99 here) – This thing is very easy to use and a nice way to entertain myself while grooming (which feels like it takes longer and longer everyday…). I like to listen to podcasts or my latest iTunes playlist.
4. Boots No7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 Wipes ($6.99 for 30ct here) – You may remember these from my Shopping Haul Sunday post they were recommended to me by one of the Beauty Concierges at Target when I asked her which were her faves. These wipes are super GENTLE they don’t irritate my skin or eyes. They’re fragrance free and have witch hazel and other fancy ingredients to help improve your skin. The one downside of these wipes is that despite what it says, they do not remove waterproof mascara. I’m sure they could if I scrubbed and pulled out all of my eyelashes, but I’m just going to stick to my eye makeup remover that doesn’t do that instead. So for my night time routine I use one of these wipes to take off my face makeup and eyeshadow, I use an eye makeup remover to get off my Tammy Faye amount of mascara, then I wash my face 1-2x with soap (if I’m wearing a ton of makeup I’ll wash twice to make sure I got it all) with a face cloth. I’m not mentioning the specific products right now because they will be in a post in the future!
5. SalonCare Shampoo & Conditioner ($5-6 for a GALLON!! here) – Ok take this recommendation with a little grain of salt because I am someone that never notices a difference when I switch shampoos and conditioners unless the conditioner really sucks and my hair is difficult to untangle post-shower. My hair dresser uses this stuff exclusively. Everytime I see her she asks me what products I’m using and I start listing them and she’s like “no no no you don’t have to spend all that money shampoo and conditioner should be less than $10”. I really liked the products she used on me (how do hairdressers get my hair so much cleaner than I ever can!?!) and she actually washed out 2 empty Starbucks Frappuccino glass bottles and filled them up with the shampoo and conditioner for me to try a while back. She told me all the girls love her shampoo and conditioner and that it’s super cheap at Sally’s so I finally went and picked it up. I actually looked around for reviews to see what other people thought of it, and everyone on the Sally’s website used it to groom dogs lol. I use it to groom my human self and it works no better or no worse than anything I’ve used in the past and it’s super cheap. I use a funnel to put it into empty shampoo and conditioner bottles I have lying around my shower and I don’t dilute it at all. Some people online didn’t like how the shampoo didn’t foam/bubble up and for this I would just recommend washing your hair a second time. My hair dresser has also recommended adding 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 8oz. of shampoo to make a clarifying shampoo and she swears by coconut oil from Sally’s for extra moisture and to help make your ends look nicer. I use either It’s a 10 or a leave in conditioner to detangle my hair.
Are you surprised I didn’t have more makeup products? That’s probably because it was so hot I barely wore makeup this month!! Some of my non-beauty favorites this month: Continue reading “August Favorites”