I saw this DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand on Classy Clutter and became OBSESSED. I NEEDED it. I’m not super confident in my DIY skills. I mess up approximately 100% of projects I attempt. Luckily I had some friends encourage me along the way! If I can do this, literally anyone can. Plus my DIY Ikea ALEX Vanity is my most popular post of all time, so I figured you all would like to know more! Continue reading DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand
So I’ve been reading through lots of Reddit posts on r/dating and r/dating_advice to look for some patterns. One that keeps popping up is guys think the only way for them to be more attractive is by working out. Or making more money. Other then that it’s all genetics and they have absolutely no control.
As a woman I’m bombarded with ads of products that will make me more attractive. Advertising tells me there’s billions of ways for me to improve my beauty. I guess men haven’t had that same message their entire lives. So here you go men (all humans really), here’s all the secrets to being more attractive.
Be More Attractive Physically
First I want to clarify something. Women are not as obsessed with looks as men are. We really and truly are looking at more than your face, body, and bank account. We see the whole picture. You do not have to have a 6 pack or a perfect beach body to be successful on a dating app or dating online.
In fact, there are some women that are turned OFF by chiseled bodies because they feel intimidated or like they would be judged. I don’t want to date a huge body builder because if a man is eating and working out all day, how is he going to give me as much attention as I need??
Want to look more attractive physically? Try these:
- Update your hair cut
- Change your facial hair
- Improve your skin – wash it every morning and night with a gentle cleanser. I like the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. Use sunscreen on your face every day. Use a retinol at night. Start slow with 1-2 times a week and work up to nightly. Just like most good things in life, consistency is important. If you have lots of acne scars or acne start getting facials regularly.
- Improve your smile – Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Use Crest Whitestrips to whiten your teeth (this is my best tip for looking more attractive immediately, looking better in photos, and looking younger). Straighten your teeth with braces or Invisalign. Always brush your teeth before leaving the house. Carry gum and/or mints on you.
- Eat healthy – Feed yourself like a grown up. Know how to make simple meals. Show that you are capable of taking care of yourself and that you care about your appearance.
- Workout – This will improve your mood, give you more energy, increase your confidence, and get you more in touch with and more comfortable with your body.
- Have impeccable hygiene – Daily or twice a day showers (omg what a dream to not have to wash/blow dry your hair… I would take so many more showers)
- Clean up your hands and feet – Short, clean nails. No crazy calluses. Get a manicure and pedicure if you have to (you’ll enjoy it trust me).
- Moisturize your skin – If it’s dry or flakey make sure you’re not using a soap that’s striping all of the oils out of your skin. Switch to a moisturizing body wash and put lotion on after you get out of the shower will your skin is still damp.
- Posture – If yours is not good, work on it. Practice. Stand tall.
- Get new clothes – Ones that fit you well, are good quality, and can be worn on dates.
- Smell Amazing – Have great hygiene and then use perfume/cologne to smell even better. Suggested reading: How To Smell Sexy ; Men Love This Perfume on Women
Sound More Attractive
- Speak with confidence – Again, practice. Shy? Start forcing yourself to make small talk with strangers when you’re out and about and there’s no pressure. If you talk fast slow down. Enunciate your words and don’t whisper them. Suggested Reading: Pitch Perfect: How to Say It Right the First Time, Every Time Continue reading How to Be More Attractive
So my friend Rachel is getting her Masters at USC and asked if she could interview me all about Bumble and dating as a millennial. I said sure! And she really blew me away with how amazing the video came out!
Here’s her description: “Dating organically is a thing of the past, the new trendy and relevant way to meet the love of your life is through dating apps. Specifically Bumble has taken off as a successful and woman run company over the last few years. It urges its female users to initiate conversation and even holds events regularly for their members. I will follow Lindsay Cockburn, a doctor and blogger, in search of love in Los Angeles county, to a bumble event, where she will eat, drink, work out and possibly mingle. Then interview her about the new way of bumble app dating, the upsides and challenges that she encounters and why she feels this is necessary to meet new people in today’s society.”
Bumble Los Angeles Events
This was actually my 2nd Bumble event and I went to a 3rd, a Happy Hour Mixer at Crustacean Beverly Hills, later that week and it was fabulous. Bumble hosts amazing events! If you want to find out when the next event will be check out the Bumble Los Angeles Facebook Page.
View this post on Instagram
Had a great time at the @bumble @bloggerswhobrunchla event at @americanabrand today! #bumble has the best branding, events, attention to detail, messages of female empowerment, social conscientiousness, etc they never disappoint! My dream man is the male version of @whitwolfeherd maybe if I ski backwards down a mountain I’ll find him 😂 Also if you ever want tips on your dating profile feel free to DM me 🤗😘 #bloggerswhobrunch
OMG 4 years!!
Reflecting on our lives is so crucial! When we don’t we can forget just how far we have come!! Although I am eternally feeling guilty about neglecting my blog, my oh my has she grown! You can check out my very first blog post with a few bullet points on why I started the blog here: #tbt.
Best of 2018
Hi everyone! I encourage anyone and everyone who is thinking about making a blog to JUST DO IT! It is so much fun and it is never too late! No one can offer what you can because your perspective is totally unique!
Here’s a few tips/FAQs about starting:
Where did you buy your domain?
Where is your website hosted?
I’m so excited to share that I’m a guest on the most recent episode of the Adderall and Compliments Podcast! The host Annabelle DeSisto and I have been BFFs for 10 years now! She is actually the reason that I live in Los Angeles.
On the podcast we get into how we met, rumors I heard about Annabelle in high school, insane dating stories, why Annabelle inspires me so much, the Adderall and Compliments live show in New York, how to complain less (see below for some quick tips) and MUCH MORE!
8 years ago today Annabelle and I had lunch in #NYC with Paul Rudd who is exactly what you’d hope he’d be like irl! I would share my grilled cheese with him any day. I’m finally going back to #NewYork in 2 weeks with @annabelledesisto @meagangrainger @tashareignslife @msjessicajay @jaclynmarfuggi @jmscomedy @nancydesisto for the #AdderallAndCompliments live show Saturday 4/14 at 12pm at @slipperroomnyc 🤗🤗 What should I do in #newyork ? Tea at the @theplazahotel ? Drinks at @nobunewyork ? Dinner at the polo bar? Where should I get 🍕?? . . . . . . #paulrudd #annabelledesisto #nycpizza #instanyc #instany #instanyclove #nobu #tbt #iloveyouman #satc #theplazahotel #slipperroomnyc #slipperroom #podcast #rhony #noeyebrows #2010
Also since we forgot to get into it- Annabelle’s mom Fancy Nancy gave me the nickname “Kinsey Lockburn”. She is writing a book called “Ready, And” and decided to name a character after me and hence, Kinsey Lockburn was born.
Some of the blog posts we talked about on the podcast:
Annabelle even announces in this podcast episode that she will be attending the Real Housewives of New York premier in NYC next week! So exciting!
Tips for Complaining Less:
We usually complain when something is making us uncomfortable. It feels like steam is building up inside of us and we have to let it out, but instead we can use the steam to push us or motivate us to do something about it.
How can we complain less?
- Acknowledge it. Pay attention and be mindful to what you are saying and notice when you are complaining.
- When you notice you are complaining start talking about solutions instead.
- Once you’re done discussing solutions, pivot to talking about what you’re grateful for.
- Avoid negative complaining people, it’s contagious. Being around complainers releases a stress hormone in your brain and makes you age more quickly!
How to Start a Blog or Website
I also wanted to share that I just created a page with some FAQ about starting a blog and/or website. I get lots of questions about how to do this and I think anyone who is thinking about should go for it!!
If you listen to my BFF Annabelle’s podcast Adderall and Compliments, you have probably heard her mom Nancy aka Fancy Nancy as one of the guests. I’ve known Nancy for over 10 years now and let me tell you, she is definitely not a regular mom. The kittens (aka listeners of Adderall and Compliments) requested that Fancy Nancy put together a holiday gift guide and I immediately followed up because I thought it was such a fabulous idea! So here is Fancy Nancy’s Holiday Gift Guide for 2017!
- Voluspa Mini Tin Candle Set ($40)
- Portrait Personalized Cookie Cutter ($49)
- Cable Knit Coffee Cozy ($5.40)
- BOSE SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker ($109)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Green Agate Coasters ($65)
- Fairy Lights ($17.88)
- Succulent Terrarium ($34.99)
- Kennebunk Home ‘Bliss’ Plush Throw ($39.99)
- Organic Bath Salts Sample Vials ($6)
- Canvas Prints ($10+)
- Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set for Back/Neck Pain Relief ($19.99) Fancy Nancy says kittens swear by this! I might pick one up for my step mom!
- F*ck Mug ($13.99)
- NEST Outdoor Security Camera ($199)
- Native Union USB-A to USB Cable ($24.99)
- Valentino Garavani Camo Rockrunner Sneaker ($795)
- WiFi Dash Cam ($59.99) RJ has literally written a letter to Santa (and emailed it to Annabelle) asking for a dash cam so he can live stream himself from his work truck.
- Native Union CLIC Card iPhone Case ($49.99)
- Cathy’s Concepts Monogram Messenger Bag ($82)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Front Jacket ($139)
- Cuisinart Griddler ($44.99) – I will never forget the year RJ wanted a “Sandwich press” that’s not a panini maker.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Knit Pony Lounge Pants ($42)
- The Art of Shaving Cream ($21.25)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Funpaw Playbot Pet Camera and Pet Feeder ($139.99) Ok RJ did not have this on his list, but I would imagine he would be OBSESSED with it since he’s such a huge animal lover!
- UGG Ascot Leather Slipper ($119.95)
- Fringe Tassel Earrings ($24)
- Juliette Rose Gold Holographic Nail Polish ($10)
- Kick Ass Kitten Keychain ($16) Of course we have to rep that Adderall and Compliments Merch! But this keychain isn’t just cute, it can also be used as a self defense weapon! Plus it makes it way easier to find your keys in your purse. I’ve had mine for years and LOVE it. This is the best stocking stuffer.
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones ($249)
- Your Handwriting Bar Necklace ($69.20)
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan ($116)
- SPANX Faux Leather Leggings ($98)
- Large Boho Earrings ($35)
- Tory Burch ‘Miller’ Flip Flop ($198)
- Kitten Mug ($9.99)
- Vans Classic Slip-On Sneaker ($59.95)
- Kate Spade Mini Small Square Stud Earrings ($32)
- Gaiam Dry Grip Yoga Mat (~$42) Nancy herself is a yoga teacher and practices daily!
- Sony A5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera ($448) AKA the “MAGIC” Camera because it has a beauty filter that smooths your skin, the auto color-correct is superb, the screen flips up for selfies, and you can transfer the images to your phone wirelessly even if you don’t have wifi!
- E is for Emmy Custom Initial Charm Necklace ($36)
(Not pictured) Tassell Charging Keychain ($8.95)
What do you think? Did Fancy Nancy nail it or what? She is fabulous!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a (small) commission if you decide to make a purchase. This helps enable my insane beauty product shopping addiction so thank you! Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.
Good morning everyone! Just in case anyone has money left over after Black Friday, I wanted to give a shout out to some of my favorite small businesses for Small Business Saturday! Most of these are run by ladies who are also my friends! I see how hard they work and I am just so proud of them, so I have to support them however I can!
Loving my #crystal kit from @annabelledesisto @adderall_and_compliments! The pink 💖 shaped one is #RoseQuartz and this is from the website 💖Rose Quartz-It is known as the ‘love stone’ as the message it emits is the strong vibration of unconditional love, joy, warmth and healing. It has a powerful effect to aid your emotional healing & helps heal relationship problems.Rose Quartz is also a stone whose powerful love will resonate to the whole body and heal all chakras. Rose Quartz comforts and heals any wounds the heart has suffered, penetrating the inner chambers of the Heart Chakra where emotional experiences are recorded and stored. It dissolves the sorrows, worries, fears and resentments suppressing the heart’s ability to give and receive love, and replaces it with healing, comfort and inner nourishment.
One of my best friends Annabelle (she was actually the one that got me to move to LA!) has a podcast and online store called Adderall and Compliments. At the shop Annabelle sells crystal kits for people new to crystals, healing kits, and manifestation kits, as well as crystal towers, kick ass kitten keychains, and kitten necklaces (her listeners are called kittens!) She runs this entire business out of her apartment from the ordering and inventory to the packaging and shipping and she has worked her butt off this year! Be sure to check her out especially since her whole site is on sale until Monday! Here’s a picture of me wearing one of the crystal dagger necklaces: Continue reading Small Business Saturday 2017
It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Nordstrom. In fact, I’ve already made a Black Friday purchase from there and it’s only Thursday… Be sure to check out my Black Friday 2017 post to see ALL the deals for ALL stores!!
Beauty Deals at Nordstrom Black Friday Sale
Nordstrom has the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit for 40% off! Now $24 (originally $40).
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit is also only $24! These colorful highlighter kits would be an amazing gift if you have a super glam girl in your life who gets adventurous with makeup. Continue reading Nordstrom Black Friday Sale
Ok we all know that the shopping culture around the holidays is ever-expanding, so it should come as no surprise that there are already pre- Black Friday events happening now!
PS Be sure to join Ebates for free– you’ll get $10 just for joining then a cash back percentage just by shopping. I’ve made over $600 cash back since joining it’s so easy and there’s no strings!