Hi everyone! I encourage anyone and everyone who is thinking about making a blog to JUST DO IT! It is so much fun and it is never too late! No one can offer what you can because your perspective is totally unique!
I’m so excited to share that I’m a guest on the most recent episode of the Adderall and Compliments Podcast! The host Annabelle DeSisto and I have been BFFs for 10 years now! She is actually the reason that I live in Los Angeles.
On the podcast we get into how we met, rumors I heard about Annabelle in high school, insane dating stories, why Annabelle inspires me so much, the Adderall and Compliments live show in New York, how to complain less (see below for some quick tips) and MUCH MORE!
8 years ago today Annabelle and I had lunch in #NYC with Paul Rudd who is exactly what you’d hope he’d be like irl! I would share my grilled cheese with him any day. I’m finally going back to #NewYork in 2 weeks with @annabelledesisto @meagangrainger @tashareignslife @msjessicajay @jaclynmarfuggi @jmscomedy @nancydesisto for the #AdderallAndCompliments live show Saturday 4/14 at 12pm at @slipperroomnyc 🤗🤗 What should I do in #newyork ? Tea at the @theplazahotel ? Drinks at @nobunewyork ? Dinner at the polo bar? Where should I get 🍕?? . . . . . . #paulrudd #annabelledesisto #nycpizza #instanyc #instany #instanyclove #nobu #tbt #iloveyouman #satc #theplazahotel #slipperroomnyc #slipperroom #podcast #rhony #noeyebrows #2010
Also since we forgot to get into it- Annabelle’s mom Fancy Nancy gave me the nickname “Kinsey Lockburn”. She is writing a book called “Ready, And” and decided to name a character after me and hence, Kinsey Lockburn was born.
Some of the blog posts we talked about on the podcast:
Annabelle even announces in this podcast episode that she will be attending the Real Housewives of New York premier in NYC next week! So exciting!
Tips for Complaining Less:
We usually complain when something is making us uncomfortable. It feels like steam is building up inside of us and we have to let it out, but instead we can use the steam to push us or motivate us to do something about it.
How can we complain less?
- Acknowledge it. Pay attention and be mindful to what you are saying and notice when you are complaining.
- When you notice you are complaining start talking about solutions instead.
- Once you’re done discussing solutions, pivot to talking about what you’re grateful for.
- Avoid negative complaining people, it’s contagious. Being around complainers releases a stress hormone in your brain and makes you age more quickly!
How to Start a Blog or Website
I also wanted to share that I just created a page with some FAQ about starting a blog and/or website. I get lots of questions about how to do this and I think anyone who is thinking about should go for it!!
If you listen to my BFF Annabelle’s podcast Adderall and Compliments, you have probably heard her mom Nancy aka Fancy Nancy as one of the guests. I’ve known Nancy for over 10 years now and let me tell you, she is definitely not a regular mom. The kittens (aka listeners of Adderall and Compliments) requested that Fancy Nancy put together a holiday gift guide and I immediately followed up because I thought it was such a fabulous idea! So here is Fancy Nancy’s Holiday Gift Guide for 2017!
- Voluspa Mini Tin Candle Set ($40)
- Portrait Personalized Cookie Cutter ($49)
- Cable Knit Coffee Cozy ($5.40)
- BOSE SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker ($109)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Green Agate Coasters ($65)
- Fairy Lights ($17.88)
- Succulent Terrarium ($34.99)
- Kennebunk Home ‘Bliss’ Plush Throw ($39.99)
- Organic Bath Salts Sample Vials ($6)
- Canvas Prints ($10+)
- Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set for Back/Neck Pain Relief ($19.99) Fancy Nancy says kittens swear by this! I might pick one up for my step mom!
- F*ck Mug ($13.99)
- NEST Outdoor Security Camera ($199)
- Native Union USB-A to USB Cable ($24.99)
- Valentino Garavani Camo Rockrunner Sneaker ($795)
- WiFi Dash Cam ($59.99) RJ has literally written a letter to Santa (and emailed it to Annabelle) asking for a dash cam so he can live stream himself from his work truck.
- Native Union CLIC Card iPhone Case ($49.99)
- Cathy’s Concepts Monogram Messenger Bag ($82)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Front Jacket ($139)
- Cuisinart Griddler ($44.99) – I will never forget the year RJ wanted a “Sandwich press” that’s not a panini maker.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Knit Pony Lounge Pants ($42)
- The Art of Shaving Cream ($21.25)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Funpaw Playbot Pet Camera and Pet Feeder ($139.99) Ok RJ did not have this on his list, but I would imagine he would be OBSESSED with it since he’s such a huge animal lover!
- UGG Ascot Leather Slipper ($119.95)
- Fringe Tassel Earrings ($24)
- Juliette Rose Gold Holographic Nail Polish ($10)
- Kick Ass Kitten Keychain ($16) Of course we have to rep that Adderall and Compliments Merch! But this keychain isn’t just cute, it can also be used as a self defense weapon! Plus it makes it way easier to find your keys in your purse. I’ve had mine for years and LOVE it. This is the best stocking stuffer.
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones ($249)
- Your Handwriting Bar Necklace ($69.20)
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan ($116)
- SPANX Faux Leather Leggings ($98)
- Large Boho Earrings ($35)
- Tory Burch ‘Miller’ Flip Flop ($198)
- Kitten Mug ($9.99)
- Vans Classic Slip-On Sneaker ($59.95)
- Kate Spade Mini Small Square Stud Earrings ($32)
- Gaiam Dry Grip Yoga Mat (~$42) Nancy herself is a yoga teacher and practices daily!
- Sony A5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera ($448) AKA the “MAGIC” Camera because it has a beauty filter that smooths your skin, the auto color-correct is superb, the screen flips up for selfies, and you can transfer the images to your phone wirelessly even if you don’t have wifi!
- E is for Emmy Custom Initial Charm Necklace ($36)
(Not pictured) Tassell Charging Keychain ($8.95)
What do you think? Did Fancy Nancy nail it or what? She is fabulous!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a (small) commission if you decide to make a purchase. This helps enable my insane beauty product shopping addiction so thank you! Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.
Good morning everyone! Just in case anyone has money left over after Black Friday, I wanted to give a shout out to some of my favorite small businesses for Small Business Saturday! Most of these are run by ladies who are also my friends! I see how hard they work and I am just so proud of them, so I have to support them however I can!
Loving my #crystal kit from @annabelledesisto @adderall_and_compliments! The pink 💖 shaped one is #RoseQuartz and this is from the website 💖Rose Quartz-It is known as the ‘love stone’ as the message it emits is the strong vibration of unconditional love, joy, warmth and healing. It has a powerful effect to aid your emotional healing & helps heal relationship problems.Rose Quartz is also a stone whose powerful love will resonate to the whole body and heal all chakras. Rose Quartz comforts and heals any wounds the heart has suffered, penetrating the inner chambers of the Heart Chakra where emotional experiences are recorded and stored. It dissolves the sorrows, worries, fears and resentments suppressing the heart’s ability to give and receive love, and replaces it with healing, comfort and inner nourishment.
One of my best friends Annabelle (she was actually the one that got me to move to LA!) has a podcast and online store called Adderall and Compliments. At the shop Annabelle sells crystal kits for people new to crystals, healing kits, and manifestation kits, as well as crystal towers, kick ass kitten keychains, and kitten necklaces (her listeners are called kittens!) She runs this entire business out of her apartment from the ordering and inventory to the packaging and shipping and she has worked her butt off this year! Be sure to check her out especially since her whole site is on sale until Monday! Here’s a picture of me wearing one of the crystal dagger necklaces: Continue reading Small Business Saturday 2017
It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Nordstrom. In fact, I’ve already made a Black Friday purchase from there and it’s only Thursday… Be sure to check out my Black Friday 2017 post to see ALL the deals for ALL stores!!
Beauty Deals at Nordstrom Black Friday Sale
Nordstrom has the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit for 40% off! Now $24 (originally $40).
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit is also only $24! These colorful highlighter kits would be an amazing gift if you have a super glam girl in your life who gets adventurous with makeup. Continue reading Nordstrom Black Friday Sale
Ok we all know that the shopping culture around the holidays is ever-expanding, so it should come as no surprise that there are already pre- Black Friday events happening now!
PS Be sure to join Ebates for free– you’ll get $10 just for joining then a cash back percentage just by shopping. I’ve made over $600 cash back since joining it’s so easy and there’s no strings!
Sephora’s biggest sale of the year is almost here! Sephora’s annual VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) Fall sale has began 11/3/17 for VIB Rouge Members ($1000 spent per calendar year) using the code 20FORROUGE for 20% off your purchase.
For VIB members ($350 spent per calendar year) beginning on 11/10/17-11/15/17 you can use the code 20FORVIB for 20% off your entire order as well.
The sale is open for Beauty Insiders (no minimum, free to sign up) and will be 15% off between 11/10/17-11/15/17 using the code INSIDER15. There’s no minimum purchase and all brands are included which is why this sale is such a big deal!! This sale is also available on the same dates in store as well.
Sephora VIB Sale Shopping Tips
A few weekends ago I traveled to Chicago with my friends Annebelle and Meagan for the live show of their podcast Adderall & Compliments. I have been helping the girls in any way I can for the past few months after I saw what an incredible impact they have had on their community of listeners (referred to as “kittens”) all over the world. Annabelle and Meagan have shared on the podcast about their mental health ups and downs and the response has been incredible. Kittens at every show come up to the girls with tears in their eyes saying they have changed their lives and they are forever grateful. They feel so much less alone and like someone finally understands them and what they’re going through and that is just priceless. People have said they were contemplating suicide and the podcast got them through their low point and now they have finally reached out and gotten help- it’s amazing. I think the work they are doing is SO important so I am doing whatever I can to support them in their mission- hence why I have been traveling with them for their live shows!
Here’s the flier I made for the show which includes Meagan’s caricature from NYC: Continue reading Chicago Trip – A&C Live Show, Shopping, Eataly, and more!
I’ve changed. Last year around this time I was feeling unhappy. I work a full-time job and I was getting home from work and laying on my couch watching hours of TV until it was time for bed. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE me some Real Housewives, but what I did not love was feeling like I was laying around wasting my life. I knew I had to do something so I consciously made changes to my life to improve it. I decided that I wanted to start living my best life.
I didn’t change my life on my own either, I asked friends and family for advice and support and their help has been crucial as well. They help hold me accountable and cheer me on when they see me succeeding which is amazing.
Another thing that helps give me motivation, ideas, and strategies to improve my life are videos I find on YouTube. I follow some amazing women who give great tips on living a more healthy, happy, and organized life. I loved this video by one of my faves Brittany Vasseur:
Here’s a few of the changes I made in case you need some inspo: Continue reading How I Changed My Life
Break up pain is the worst. The sadness, feelings of loss, the disappointment, fear, and hole you feel inside of your heart can be all too real. It can feel like you’ll never recover. Or if you do, you’ll never find someone as good or ever be as happy as you once were. Add a healthy dose of self loathing and “What did I do wrong!?” on top of that and you are under a garbage heap of feelings that it can feel impossible to ever escape.
Want to figure out why you broke up, do’s and don’ts for short term and long term recovery from a break up, what the hell you’re supposed to do now?, if things will ever get better, or how to improve your self-esteem that feels like it’s in the toilet? This is the post for you. Or maybe you are thinking “Why am I even reading this? I’m smart I can get over this it will just take time.” Keep reading to find out why you can’t overcome a breakup with just logic. Continue reading The Ultimate Breakup and Recovery Guide