Did you know that Nordstrom holds free beauty events that anyone can sign up for? On 3/26/17 I went to my third beauty event at Nordstrom to find out what all the hot new products are and if there’s any trends. I ended up with 3 Drybar products and have been using them all for 2 months and I’m obsessed!
I’d love it if you used this link or click on the banner below to shop the Sephora VIB sale and help support Blushing in Hollywood:
Sephora VIB Spring 2017 Discount Codes
Reminder: The sale is 10% off your entire purchase (for Beauty Insiders aka anyone that signs up for free) or 15% off your entire purchase if you have Sephora VIB or VIB Rouge. For Beauty Insiders the sale ends Sunday 4/23/17 both online and in store and the code is BISPRING. For VIB the sale ends Monday 4/24/17 and the code is VIBSPRING. For VIB Rouge the sale ends the same day as VIB on Monday 4/24/17 and the code is ROUGESPRING.
I went a little HAM on the Fall 2016 Sephora VIB sale so let’s review my purchases! Continue reading “Sephora VIB Sale Spring 2017 Reviews and Recommendations”
4/19/17 Update– Sephora has released their 2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit ($32) and it looks amazing again!
2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit
Here’s what the new 2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit kit looks like:
I posted about this on my Snapchat (@lindsaycockburn) and lots of friends were impressed and a few have already gone out and bought it. The Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit (update: this link is to the 2017 version because the 2016 version is no longer available) has 15 different products in it. You think you’ve seen them all and then there’s a whole second side!! There’s SPF for face, body, BB cream, makeup setting spray with SPF, primer, SPF for your lips, and self tanner, it’s amazing! Here’s the info from the Sephora website on the 2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit: Continue reading “Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit”
It’s almost Sephora VIB Sale time!!! I’d love it if you used this link or click on the banner below to shop the Sephora VIB sale and help support Blushing in Hollywood:
Ok time for a refresher- Sephora’s loyalty program has 3 different levels or tiers. There’s a few things that are true for all 3 tiers:
- ANYONE can participate in the sale and use the discount code. All you have to do is sign up for free to be a Beauty Insider (see below).
- You can use the discount online or in store including Sephora in JCPenney locations.
- You can use the discount as many times as you want during the days it is available. NO LIMIT! You can do both in store and online purchases if you so please 🙂
- It is valid on EVERY brand in the store (!!) The discount is on your entire purchase.
- The discount is not applicable to gift cards, Sephora Play! Boxes, or Sephora Flash Shipping ($10/year for free 2-day shipping on every order). Anyone can purchase Flash Shipping for a year and if you are VIB Rouge it’s free/included.
Sephora Beauty Insider – 4/20/17-4/23/17; 10% Discount
The base level is Beauty Insider. Anyone can be a Sephora Beauty Insider it’s free to sign up and there’s no minimum purchase. Once you sign up online or in store you’re eligible to get a free birthday gift during your birthday month (this year you can get a Tarte blush and lip gloss or 2 Caudalie skin care deluxe samples), you can get free beauty classes, and you are able to use the discounts during the Sephora VIB sales. Sephora has it’s biggest sale of the year in November where you will receive 15% off typically if you are a Beauty Insider (and 20% off for VIB and VIB Rouge). The “smaller” sale is in the Spring typically in April and you get 10% off if you are a Beauty Insider from Thursday 4/20/17 through Sunday 4/23/17 both online and in store. The code is BISPRING and if you do not receive the mailer, you can just tell the cashier you want to use the discount.
Sephora VIB – 4/19/17-4/24/17; 15% Discount
I am still LOVING the Sephora PLAY! Box. If you’re not familiar with it, here’s a quick rundown:
- It’s a monthly subscription box that costs $11/month and comes with 5 deluxe samples of products (only ones sold at Sephora!) and a perfume sample (so 6 products total).
- The products are a mix of hair, skin care and makeup and are semi determined by your preferences, but mostly they’re just products that everyone can use.
- You can sign up and get on a wait list to get it here.
- It also comes with a collectible bag and a paper with tips and tricks for every product.
- The Sephora PLAY! Box also comes with a card you can bring into your local store and it will score you 50 Beauty Insider points with any purchase. Beauty Insider points can be used like Chuck-E-Cheese tickets to get more deluxe samples. Typically you’d have to spend $50 to get 50 points and 100 points gets you a deluxe sample. You do not have to purchase something in the box to get the points, but you do have to make a purchase.
- When I see that little black and white striped box in my mailbox it is the highlight of my day every damn time.
- If you have more questions check out Sephora’s PLAY Box FAQ.
Here’s what we got this month: Continue reading “Sephora Play Box February 2017”
I’m a HUGE audiobook fan I’m pretty sure I’d go insane driving in LA traffic if I didn’t have audiobooks and podcasts to listen to. I’ve been an Audible member since 7/8/2011! I pay about $15 a month and get 1 credit for a free audiobook monthly. The Audible app is great and super easy to use as well and keeps your bookmark in the place you left off even if you switch between devices. My favorite part about the Audible app is being able to adjust the speed of the speaker which I usually put at 1.25x. You can sign-up for Audible and get a 30 day free trial with 2 free audiobooks:
As you’re about to see, I read almost exclusively non-fiction and love biographies, science, and self-help type books. Here’s some recent books I’ve been enjoying from Audible: Continue reading “Audible Book Recommendations 2016”
Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed my Holiday Gifts Ideas for Her 2016 post with tons of ideas from Nordstrom! One of my hobbies is cooking and I have a lot of kitchen gadgets and tools that I have ordered from Amazon and love. So even though these aren’t beauty/dating/travel related I thought it might be helpful to see some items that could be good for a range of people on your shopping list. Also lots of these are Amazon Prime which means they have free 2-day shipping so these are great for last minute gifts too! Continue reading “Amazon Holiday Gift Ideas 2016”
I live for a drugstore makeup run. The drugstores in LA are sometimes twice as expensive so I usually like to get drugstore products either out in the boonies/suburbs when I’m on a trip, at Ulta when they’re BOGO, at a Harmons in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, at Target, or online from Amazon or Target (I sound insane, but drugstore makeup is the awesome!). If you haven’t tried drugstore foundations in the past I urge you to give them a shot and you might be surprised just how nice they can be! Day to day I tend to rotate through this batch because I’m not trying to spend every last penny I have at Sephora and MAC. For reference I wear NC20 from MAC even though it’s a bit yellow on me. I have oily/combination skin and lots of pigmentation I like to cover. Here we go! Continue reading “Best Drugstore Foundations”