Ok so when you give a gift you probably don’t want people thinking it’s “cheap”, but I guarantee any beauty enthusiast would be super excited to receive one or a few of these very inexpensive products. First of all they are trendy- Morphe brushes, Maybelline Divine Wine Lipstick, Colour Pop lippies, and NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Copenhagen are all very popular items right now. They’re practical- who doesn’t need another makeup brush holder, a travel makeup bag, a compact mirror, or an extra set of wispy false eyelashes? And they sparkle because gifts should be fun. I will be posting a few more of these so let me know if you have any requests for gift guides! Continue reading “Cheap Holiday Gifts For Makeup Lovers”
In case you were wondering, here’s what I bought at the Sephora VIB sale for Winter 2014 (it was 20% off!). Can’t wait for my purchases to arrive! Check out my previous post on what to buy and what to skip at the Sephora VIB 2014 Sale. Continue reading “What I Bought at the Sephora VIB Sale”
**UPDATE 4/19/17: If you need the Spring 2017 VIB Sale discount codes or want to know how it works this year check out my Sephora VIB Sale Spring 2017 – How It Works, Post Round-Up, and Ebates post. I have included updates to this post about my thoughts on these products and updated the prices so even though this post is from 2014, it’s still relevant! **UPDATE 11/2/16: Check out Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations 2016 which includes links to all of my Sephora VIB sale posts. **UPDATE 4/3/16: Check out my round-up of all of my Sephora VIB Sales posts including reviews and recommendations about what to buy and what to skip. **UPDATE 11/4/15: I have created an updated “Sephora VIB Sale What to Buy and What to Skip 2015” post! For the 2014 products on this page, I still love the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, and the Drybar 100 Proof Treatment Oil 🙂**
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… the time where Sephora sends those of us who have spent way too much (aka Sephora VIB) at their stores a 20% off all purchases coupon. I spend hours researching, reading reviews, watching YouTube videos, adding products to my “loves” list then to my shopping cart then take them out again. I deliberate over what I “really need” and then finally make some decisions and spend a bunch of money. Let’s back-up if you’re not familiar with Sephora VIB program.
Sephora VIB Rewards Levels:
1. Beauty Insider – Free to join, no minimum purchase, you get a free gift during your birthday month, and a few other perks. You do not get the 20% off coupon in the mail every November, but you can use a friend’s coupon in store or they actually have AMAZING gift with $25 purchase options. Honestly I’m pissed that these aren’t available to VIBs because I really want all of them. You can sign up to be a Beauty Insider and shop immediately. Even though you won’t get the 20% off these gifts alone are worth a purchase. (Edit: These gifts were available at the Sephora VIB Sale in Fall 2014)
Kat Von D liquid lipstick, Pharrell’s new fragrance, UD eyeliner, MJ lip lacquer, like are you kidding me??
Check out my favorite things from September!
It is monthly favorites time again and this time I managed to pick more than 5 things woo hoo! I try a lot of new products (but also tend to do the same makeup for work daily), but I’m so picky that it’s hard for me to choose which ones really stand out to show you all.
1. Versace Bright Crystal eau de toilette ($52 for 1oz. at Sephora, but I bought mine at Nordstrom Rack in San Francisco for $29.99) – This month I traveled to San Francisco for the weekend and had some time to kill so I went shopping. I love getting new stuff on vacation because it reminds me of the good times that I had on my trip. This perfume is light, feminine, and clean smelling to me, but let’s see what the pros say: “Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with notes of musk and amber.” Ok so I was pretty close. My only gripe with this perfume is that it does not last!! A quick glimpse on the reviews at Sephora.com confirmed that I’m not the only one that feels this way. That is why I bought this perfume 3 weeks ago and about 1/4 of it is gone already and I didn’t even wear it everyday! I do always apply it very liberally and I also like to spray myself and my sheets before I go to bed because it smells awesome. If I hadn’t gotten this one for under $30 I definitely would not be spraying it so much.
2. Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz ($9 at Target) – I love a face mist. I really love MAC Fix Plus which I lovingly refer to as “Gypsy Water” but at $22 a pop I can’t generously douse myself in it everyday like I would like to. I will make a whole separate post on MAC Fix Plus spray to explain what the hell it is and how I use it in the future. This toning spritz smells exactly like roses and feels super refreshing and luxurious. I spray it on after washing my face or before I apply moisturizer. I also will spray some on my face before applying “a second layer of paint” aka another coat of makeup for night time when I’m in a rush. It’s supposed to “visibly tighten pores and remove the last traces of makeup” and claims that “Skin feels smoother, fresher, and prepared for moisturizing”. I only mist it on my face not on a cotton pad to remove makeup so I have no clue if it removes makeup well. Are my pores visibly tightened? Meh. Does my skin feel smoother, fresher, and prepared for moisturizing? Sure. I feel like this has been nice in the 90+ degree weather lately and will probably be nice and moisturizing when it gets colder.
3. Proclaim Professional Care Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque ($2 at Sally Beauty Supply) – This is just a nice moisturizing mask that’s ultra conditioning and it’s supposed to nourish hair making it soft, silky and manageable. I think it definitely did those things and my hair looked a little healthier after I used it. You can see that this one is opened because I’ve already used it twice and will probably be able to get 2 more uses out of it. Not bad for $2.
4. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe ($18 at Sephora) – I have talked about this product before on my How To Fill In Your Brows post. I got this for my birthday back in July, but have honestly been a bit intimidated at the thought of using it. When I’m getting ready in the AM my brows are one of the last things I do and I don’t want to be late because I’m trying to paint on the perfect eyebrows with basically a gel eyeliner for your brows. I thought this was going to be hard to apply or time-consuming, but it honestly has been way faster and easier than I thought. The other great thing about this is you need so little product that it will last forever unlike their pricey Brow Wiz pencils that I also love. The only problem I have with this is that it’s easy to go overboard and it gives you pretty seriously defined brows so you have to be careful or else it will look like you drew on brows with a Sharpie. Continue reading “September Favorites”
I recently went to the Sephora Perfect Brows event and they showed me how to use a bunch of different Anastasia Beverly Hills products to get my perfect brows.
After I went to the NYX Face Awards recently I knew I wanted to attend more beauty events ASAP so I hit the internet and found a few. If you’re interested in them you can find them on websites for departments stores such as Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and MAC. The events are typically free and sometimes there’s champagne or gifts which is always fun. This past Saturday I went to Sephora for their Perfect Brows Event. The event was nationwide and Sephora had product specialists/makeup artists from the famous Anastasia Beverly Hills in store to show people how to fill in their brows. I was happy when I saw this because I already use Anastasia products to fill in my brows (I use the Brow Wiz daily and recently got the Dipbrow Pomade) and I needed a little help as to how to use the pomade. Now when I posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook what you might not have noticed was that my brows were each done a different way:
The first thing I was concerned about when I walked in Sephora was if my brows were the correct shape. My brows are sisters not twins and I’m always unsure where to make them stop in the middle. She showed me how to find this info out. What you do is hold a makeup brush straight up and down on the side of your nose and that is where you want to stop:
So in case you haven’t noticed, I have started posting on a schedule with new posts every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so today’s is a little bonus post! I was on the hunt for some awesome statement necklaces at a really great price and I looked at so many sites before finding Fabuluxe Jewels. The reason I wanted some big gaudy jewelry is because a) I’m tacky and b) it really frames your face, hair, and makeup in photos. Plus I just like sparkly things! Here’s some examples: Continue reading “Fabuluxe Jewels Haul”