Welcome (back)! I want to talk about my favorite products and things for July and since I have a lot to say about them let’s just get into it!
1. The Original Beauty Blender & Solid BlenderCleanser ($28 for both) – I had been using a Sonia Kashuk bo-bo (definition: cheap version) beauty blender for a while thinking it was just as good.. Then Obama came to town and the traffic was so bad I couldn’t go on without a quick snack and a pop into Planet Beauty. I bought the original Beauty Blender (BB) with the solid cleanser because last time I owned a BB I rubbed it on a bar of Dove soap thinking it would be the same as the cleanser and ruined it, whoops! The beauty blender is just so much softer and bouncier and better at applying the product if you can, I recommend splurging for the real thing. Get it here
2. Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara ($19) – I picked this up on my last trip to Naimie’s (huuuge incredible beauty supply store in LA) and it is reallllly good. It gives me big, dark lashes and does not flake. It is also (VERY) water “resistant” so it is a pain in the ass to get off, but good if you want to wear mascara while doing a water activity. Get it here
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8, but wait for it to go BOGO 50% off at Ulta then stock up!) – Let’s get real… this is my favorite every month. This bottle is already empty and I held on to it to take a pic for this post. If you’ve never tried dry shampoo, what are you waiting for!? It adds volume and texture to clean hair or completely transforms dirty hair into clean looking hair you can wear out in public. If you have dark hair be sure to try the darker version for brunettes. If you have blonde hair, dry shampoo can also be a great way to mask your roots or make your hair look lighter without dying it. Get it here
4. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 05 ($8.50) – This is a YouTube Beauty Guru fave and I have to include it since I’ve been wearing it everyday. It just gives you a really nice glow which for my pale skin looks slightly bronzed with peaches and golds which is pretty for summer. I want to try this in some more colors because it’s a great drug store find. Get it here
5. Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation ($14) – It’s only been 3 days, but so far this foundation has been great. It’s not staying on or staying significantly more matte than any of my other foundations, but it’s not any worse and at $14 per oz. compared to my most expensive foundation at $62 per ounce for everyday wear this one is doing the job. It’s a medium to full coverage and very buildable (meaning you can layer it nicely to get it to cover more). You can definitely make this foundation into a flawless skin look. I skip the moisturizer with this one since it is SPF15 and I didn’t see a significant difference with vs. without a primer. The Boots No7 wipes have also been very gentle as promised. They can’t get that eyeko mascara off, but they can get the rest of the face cleaned off nicely. Get it here
6. (Below) My new iMac!!!!! ($LOTS$) Now I have a desktop computer which is helping me do more with the blog (and eventually I want to make some videos!), but I don’t have a desk! #makeitwork
My Beauty Wish List
Now here’s a few things I want to (eventually) try:
1. Amrezy Palette ($28) – If you don’t know already… @Amrezy is a girl who is famous on the Instagram for her incredible makeup skills. She posts lots of full face looks everyday and her motto is def “more is more” because this girl goes for IT! She teamed up with Anastasia Beverly Hills and created this really gorgeous eyeshadow palette. I saw it at Ulta the other day, but resisted. I’m trying to cut back on eyeshadow spending since I have hooded eyelids so you can barely ever see the shadow anyways. I still kinda want this though it’s so pretty!! Get it here
And here’s what she looks like in case you’re curious. She is always serving FACE.
Here’s my insanely gorgeous and talented make up artist friend Vjosa rocking a look using the palette:
Follow her on instagram @VjosaMua to see more of her amazing work!
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla ($29) – This has also been getting a lot of buzz so I want to try it. I would use it under my eyes and on the high points of my face as a highlighter as well. My MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer is just not cutting it these days. Get it here
3. Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Disobey ($26) – This blush is supposed to be an awesome contour color for pale girls like me Get it here
4. Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer ($48) – Good lord this is an expensive concealer, but it’s supposed to be awesome at covering dark circles. I consider Nurberxo my go-to concealer expert and she really sold me on it here: Get it here
Watching this video again is reminding me that I need to wait for my concealer to set/dry before putting on another layer!! Also, I need to use my beauty blender to put on Ben Nye powder to set my concealer.
5. Mason Pearson Hairbrush ($150) – I’m soooo curious if this brush is worth it. Hair girls- comment below and let me know your thoughts!! Get it hereby