Here’s how I contour my fair skin for a very chiseled look! Contouring can give you an instant nose job, cheek bones, get rid of a double chin, make your forehead smaller, and more!
Hello Beauties- so I’d say it’s been a little less than 2 years since I learned how to properly contour. Before that I used to think why would I do that? I don’t need to put on stage makeup to go out? I just want to look tan so I’ll just put bronzer all over my face! I have since learned the error of my ways and while I’m not the World’s Best Contour Artist I can show you my tips.
So let’s start here: Why do we contour?
1. When you only wear foundation your face looks flat and loses dimension. Your face is not all one color and making it so is unnatural. Your face has shadows and some parts get more sun than others so you need to put that back onto your face after you’ve neutralized it all with one shade of foundation.
2. It changes the shape of your face enhancing good features and minimizing any problem areas. The place where most people think to put contour is under their cheek bones to “carve out” their face or make the cheek bones look more prominent which is enhancing a good feature. It can also be used to make your forehead look smaller and more round (less pointy), make your jaw line look more defined (look thinner), and make your nose look more narrow or more round or shorter.
Here’s some tips for a glam, but comfortable look to wear to a concert.
If you know me, then you know that I am head over heels in love with my queen Bey, Mrs. Beyonce Knowles-Carter. Last weekend I had the absolute privilege of seeing her live in concert and it was everything I dreamed it was going to be and so much more. Although there are only a few dates left, I thought I’d post about what I wore and my tips since they can be generalized to other tours such as the beautiful Rihanna who is coming to LA this weekend. I also want to post this because let’s get real, I googled this very question before the concert.
The pressure I felt to look amazing and up to Beyonce standards for the concert can only be compared to disarming a bomb with a gun pointed to my head. This is why I procrastinated until the last minute. Like every event in my life, I spent 2+ hours on my makeup, and 20 minutes each on my hair and outfit.
What to write in that little blurb? Here’s some things to consider not writing:
1. “The baby in the picture is NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M A PROUD UNCLE OK STOP ASKING!!!!” – Woah calm down.
2. “I guess everyone is putting their heights? That’s like a thing? So here’s mine 5’5” – The reason why you need to put your height is because when you’re crouching down to pet a tiger or taking a shirtless bathroom selfie I can’t really get a gauge as to how tall you are/how much I’ll potentially be towering over you. As much fun as it is to try to figure out how many Axe body sprays tall you might be from the bathroom pic and convert that, I’d rather you take the detective work out of it and just tell me.
3. Ok those are all the tips you get because if you’re inspired to go on and on about how great you are or how much money you have or how much you hate sluts PLEASE do so we all know which way to swipe.
Welcome (back)! I want to talk about my favorite products and things for July and since I have a lot to say about them let’s just get into it!
1. The Original Beauty Blender & Solid BlenderCleanser ($28 for both) – I had been using a Sonia Kashuk bo-bo (definition: cheap version) beauty blender for a while thinking it was just as good.. Then Obama came to town and the traffic was so bad I couldn’t go on without a quick snack and a pop into Planet Beauty. I bought the original Beauty Blender (BB) with the solid cleanser because last time I owned a BB I rubbed it on a bar of Dove soap thinking it would be the same as the cleanser and ruined it, whoops! The beauty blender is just so much softer and bouncier and better at applying the product if you can, I recommend splurging for the real thing. Get it hereContinue reading “July 2014 Favorites and Beauty Wish List”
This was a real conversation I had with someone several months ago…
Tip#1 Have some self-awareness. If this dude replied and said he was referencing the Jeopardy skit from SNL that would have been one thing. If you’re a grown up you can be silly, but avoid anything too immature (i.e. 420, 69, Barbie, sexy etc.)
Tip#2 Don’t use the same username that you use for other non-dating websites! This was a big mistake that I made and some guy messaged me and let me know that if you google it, a lot of personal info comes up. Think: your youtube history, those comments you left on a grad school forum, your gamer profile, etc.
Tip#3 If you’re totally out of ideas just go for something simple like your first name and some numbers. Or a gender neutral hobby (I would never make one like “MakeupGirl” because no dude is interested in that).
So I live 5 minutes from Ulta, Target, Sephora, Mac, CVS, and Rite Aid. I would call this both a perk and a danger of living in a big city. Today I ventured to the first 2 and here’s what I came out with:
Tinder is great I met one of my boy BFFs there and dated a couple of other Tinder matches. It IS possible to get a relationship out of Tinder if that’s what you’re looking for. These are a couple Tinder tips if you’re looking for more than just a hook-up. If you’re just using Tinder for entertainment then you just keep doin you boo.
1. Your first meeting shouldn’t be you going over his place to “hang out” I don’t care what movie/liquor/video game he has to lure you in with he has to get off his ass and take you somewhere public for your first date. Continue reading “Tinder Tips”
Start off with some natural looking falsies which are sometimes called “natural whispies” somewhere on the package. Ardell makes some great cheap ones which you can find at most drug stores. If you’re a first timer I’d recommend getting a double pack ($5.99) like this so if you make a mistake you have a backup. Continue reading “False Lashes for Beginners”
Everyone loves to complain about LA traffic. Before I moved that’s what people would want to talk about “you’re moving to LA? I couldn’t handle that much traffic I’d go crazy!” In situations like this I always try to expect the worst so if traffic is anything less than soul sucking and completely insane I’ll feel pleasantly surprised. Another way I combat traffic is by listening to good podcasts. A podcast is like your favorite talk radio show that you can customize to your interests that updates weekly straight to your phone. Here are my top 5 favorite on dating, relationships, and sex.
“Dan Savage, America’s only advice columnist, answers your sex questions and yaps about politics.” This podcast is definitely sex-talk heavy, graphic, and NSFW, but it is awesome. Dan Savage keeps it real and has honestly opened my mind and changed my views on stuff like the realities of long term monogamy, being more sex positive (or GGG), and “a relationship is not a deposition.”
Picture of Colbie Caillat from her Instagram @colbiecaillat
Colbie Caillat’s music video for the song “Try” has recently gone viral for all the right reasons. You’ve probably seen links to Buzzfeed articles on your Newsfeed titled things like “These women took off their makeup for a music video and you won’t BELIEVE what happens next!!” It’s not all that dramatic though, the women take off their makeup and Colbie takes out her weave and they looked like what every girl in the world looks like when she wakes up.
Through all forms of media we are bombarded with images of flawless looking women. If you scroll through your instagram feed I’m sure between all the pictures of scenery and delicious looking brunches there are bound to be women who appear to have huge hair, huge lashes, and flawless skin. When this glammed up image has become the norm, it’s hard to look at yourself fresh faced in the morning and like what you see. Hell, it’s hard to take a picture of yourself all glammed up and like it enough to post on Instagram because it always just seems not quite good enough. I have absolutely fallen into this trap. A few months ago I was bored and killing some time by putting all the makeup I own on my face and I decided to capture it for Insty: