I scoured the internet for Lisa Vanderpump’s makeup and beauty secrets and now I will share them with you! A lot of the tips are from the same one or two interviews that were just copied and rewritten so I’ll start with an excerpt from her book Simply Devine:
My Morning S & M
I am a firm believer in getting yourself ready in the morning top to toe, hair washed, make-up on, before you leave the house. Yes, I’ll admit when the children were small I did sometimes drive them to school in my pajamas. And it was Sod’s Law (Murphy’s Law, I believe you call it) that every time I tried to escape unnoticed, I would run into the last person on this planet that I wanted to see me looking a disheveled mess!
I believe if you take care of yourself first in the morning, your frame of mind is different and you will be prepared for all eventualities. I, at least, now that my children are grown, will try to never give it up again. I think I will color my hair until they carry me off in a box!
If you don’t know, Lisa Vanderpump is a housewife from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules. She is also a mother, a restaurateur, and a damn good business woman. She also does the interior design for all of her restaurants and clubs and has incredible taste.
I have been to 3 out of 4 [if you count Tom Tom] of Lisa Vanderpump’s Los Angeles restaurants Villa Blanca, SUR, and PUMP. I’ve eaten at Villa Blanca and SUR and I think all of her properties are best enjoyed as lounges- a fun place to grab a PUMP-tini and maybe a fried goat cheese ball and dance. When the Real Housewives came to Beverly Hills for Andy Cohen’s baby shower they partied at Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurants as well!
I met Lisa Vanderpump at her book signing (and oddly enough her daughter Pandora was my server at Villa Blanca maybe in 2013 or 2014?):
Ok let’s talk about Lisa Vanderpump’s makeup!:
Lisa Vanderpump’s Makeup
Lisa Vanderpump’s Lip GlossEmbed from Getty Images
- Lisa is a lip gloss girl! She loves Chanel 11 aka Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Scintillance Twinkle ($30). Edit: In Spring 2017 Chanel replaced these lipglosses with the Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss Moisturizing Glossimer ($30) and I think a similar shade would be Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss Moisturizing Glossimer in #744 Subtil.
Mixed with Chanel 02 lip gloss aka Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Brilliance. I think the new equivalent would be Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss Moisturizing Glossimer in #726 Icing.Embed from Getty Images
- “I think lashes are essential. I think women should really venture out and put on the big lashes. They really lift up the eye. I like the individual lashes, but MAC does some great ones. So put those on and a little bit of lip gloss and you’re good to go.” The MAC 30 Lash is their individuals in varying lengths ($17)
- For strip lashes I would guess Lisa likes the MAC 7 Lash ($17).
- “Vanderpump swears by Joe Blasco Ultrabase Foundation ($49.80 or get a hefty sample for $4.75) (‘I’ve had many foundations, but this one is cheap and really good’). [They also sell Joe Blasco Foundation at one of my favorite local LA Beauty stores – Frends Beauty.]
- Epione Flawless ($195 NOTE: This is a serum from Lisa’s skin care line)
- Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof Mascara ($8)…
- and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat ($38 NOTE: This is a luminizing pen concealer/highlighter) (‘It’s one of those amazing things—like a miracle worker’).” [source]
- “Lisa Vanderpump said she loves lip gloss and thinks it’s great for women over 40. She loves one color on the outside and the lighter one in the middle. She said she doesn’t like regular lipstick because it looks too dry.” [source]
- When asked what 3 beauty products every woman needs- LV: “There are more than 3 to get the polished look, I have to be honest. A great eyebrow pencil, a cream foundation, lip liner, lipgloss. I am a big one for fake lashes. Add individual lashes and voila! instant glamour.” [source]
- A great eyebrow pencil that I love is Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil and Soft Brown would be Lisa’s color ($20).
- For blush Lisa likes NARS blush in Orgasm ($25) which is a peachy pink with shimmer.
Lisa Vanderpump’s Skin Secrets:
- She uses Botox, fillers, and retinol acid to keep the skin exfoliated. [source]
- Her facialist: “Today I am going to have a facial with one of the best-kept secrets in Beverly Hills, Kathleen Boniface (with a name like that you just have to be a facialist). Every four weeks I get her signature treatment ($200 for her ‘Signature Red Carpet Treatment’ 75 minute facial), which consists of a silk peel and a dermal infusion that revitalizes my skin with all kinds of collagen stimulating goodies. I love it – my skin is plumped, glowing and smooth as a baby’s butt. I don’t know what she slaps on there, but it works miracles. She has a faithful following, so be sure to book her in advance.
- Her DIY Tips: “While most of her secrets might be on the pricier side, she did share one economic method. She makes a face mask made of honey, oatmeal and yogurt, which she wears for thirty minutes to moisturize her skin.” [source] Her co-star Lisa Rinna also loves a DIY at home skin treatment.
Lisa Vanderpump’s Hair Secrets:
- I have always endeavored to find the best colorist – not that I have any grey hair – well maybe a couple… of hundred! Wait does my husband read this? Anyway I have tried many salons, but am now confident that Batia and Aleeza on Camden Drive (I couldn’t find pricing, but it’s $$$ on Yelp), who now colors my hair, are second to none.
- As a brunette, I color my hair every six weeks or so. Before I discovered them I had tried many well-known salons and always ended up with the same problem. After three weeks or so, a slight gingerish tone would appear and the lustrous brown would fade, well no longer! Batia and Aleeza’s process involves an ammonia free, semi permanent conditioning that has worked wonders for me. [source]
- If I had to guess I would say that Lisa probably blow dries her hair with a round brush and then sets it with velcro rollers ($10) or hot rollers to give her that voluminous slightly curly look with tons of body.
- I love the Caruso steam rollers personally:
- I read in another interview that she loves volumizing hair spray as well like the Aveda ‘pure abundance’ Volumizing Hair Spray.
- I think she also has some individual hair extensions to add fullness and a little bit of length. My favorite hair extensions are clip ins from Girl Get Glamorous Hair (use code HOLLYWOOD for $5 off your order).
Lisa Vanderpump’s Diet and Exercise Secrets:
“What’s the best advice ever gotten? ‘To exercise in moderation, but really, at least five times a week. It seems like it’s a lot, but you don’t have to do too much. I do 45 minutes a day on the treadmill.'” [source]
- Lisa also does not eat carbs after 7pm!
More Lisa Vanderpump Blog Posts:
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Blog Posts:
Vanderpump Rules Blog Posts:
More Real Housewives Blog Posts:
Southern Charm Blog Posts:
Ladies of London Blog Posts:
Shahs of Sunset Blog Posts:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page. Thank you for your support!