Today we have another fabulous guest post all about summer hair trends and tips!
I am obsessed with the warmer summer months, especially as they bring with them so many opportunities to get out and enjoy the sun. I also love keeping up with the latest trends and tips to ensure I’m taking the best care of my hair. Today I’m going to share will you so of my favourites, from using coconut oil for hair care to how to wash and dry your hair and keep your locks luscious all summer long.
How to care for your hair this summer
There are a few tricks and tips I think everyone should have as part of their hair care routine, especially during the summer.
- Use tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is great for the prevention of excess oil build-up, as well as soothing dry, itchy skin and treating dandruff.
- Don’t over-wash your hair. Over-washing your hair actually makes it greasier, so wash it every 2-3 days instead.
- Use coconut oil for hair care.
- Coconut oil is an ideal product for moisturizing your hair.
- Use coconut oil to condition your hair in between washes.
- Rubbing it into the ends of your hair is a great way to defrizz in the summer.
- If you have tangled hair after washing, use coconut oil before combing.
- Use a comb instead of a brush. Your hair is weakest after washing, so use a comb to prevent breakages instead of using a brush.
- Let your hair dry naturally. Heat styling can damage your hair, but in the summer, as the weather is warmer, you can let your hair dry naturally!
How to style your hair this summer
To look good and feel fabulous this summer, I have some great tips for styling your hair.
- Keep your head covered with pretty accessories. Picking out a stylish summer outfit can be well complemented by a matching scarf or hat. These are a great way to not only protect your hair but also your scalp.
- Tight hairstyles can damage your hair so choose loose, comfortable styles. My particular favourites are loose French braids but you can choose ones that suit your own personal style.
How to protect your hair from the inside out
Whether you’re at home or on holiday, it is important to protect your hair from the inside out. Here are my tips for how to do just that:
- Sun cream isn’t just for your skin. If you’ve applied sun cream to your skin, run your hands through your hair for extra protection.
- Don’t forget to wet your hair before jumping in the pool. Swimming will help keep you cool during the summer months but wetting your hair will prevent it from getting damaged by chlorine.
- Drink more water. This will help to keep your hair healthy and hydrated all summer long.
Related Post: Hair Care Tips for Busy Mornings