Southern Charm on Bravo is coming back! And Naomie Olindo the bronzed business babe owner of Shop L’abeye has been sharing her beauty secrets on Instagram. Anddd I feel like we like all of the same things. Let’s talk about Naomie’s self tanner to get a gorgeous natural fake tan this summer.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page. Thank you for your support!!
Naomie Olindo’s Fake Tan
Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Dark
Naomie posted on Instagram that she loves Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Ultra Dark.
Loving Tan 2 Hour Express Dark Self Tanning Mousse
Tanning Tip: You MUST use a tanning mitt to apply this unless you want your palms to be dark brown for 2 weeks.
I LOVE this brand’s fake tan mousse. I use the Loving Tan 2 Hour Express Dark Self Tanning Mousse because I have a procrastination problem and usually need to tan the day of an event. I completely agree that even if you’re not the best at blending, the formula is VERY forgiving. There is a scent, but it’s very light. It lasts about 2 weeks on me and fades pretty evenly. It also doesn’t get on my sheets.
How to Prepare Your Body for a Fake Tan
How to Exfoliate at Home Before a Fake Tan
Best DIY Body Scrub to Use Before Applying Fake Tan
A nice sugar or salt scrub will help get rid of dry patches and dead skin so the fake tan won’t cling to them. One of the best scrubs ever is just brown sugar and coconut oil. But you MUST do this last in the shower and then clean your bathtub with dish soap. Otherwise you will slip and die.
This combo also works great as a lip exfoliator! But is way too harsh to use on the rest of your face!!
My dermatologist recommended using a lotion for rough and bumpy skin so I tried this. This stuff is incredible. You will see a noticeable difference in your skin in 1 day. Ideally you want to use it every night or every other night for about a week before applying a fake tan to get your skin in really good shape. I also use this to help get the remnants of an old fake tan off.
Shaving Before Applying Fake Tan
I like to shave the night before with a fresh razor. I like the Schick Intuition Razor because I hate when all of the shaving gel comes off.
Tips for Applying Fake Tan at Home
How to Apply Fake Tan to Your Hands
Self tanning your hands is not easy. Here’s a few tips for getting good results:
- Brush your teeth before your self tanning journey. If you wait until after you will get a drip down your arm and be sad.
- Apply lotion all over the hands and wrists before applying self tanner to your body (with the mitt over your lotioned hand!). This gives your hands sometime to soak in the lotion.
- After you’ve tanned your body grab a towel and put it next to your sink. Then wash your hands with soap and water, especially near the wrists. DO NOT LIFT YOUR HANDS UP. Water drips are one of the worst things to happen to a fake tan.
- After your hands are clean and dry, squirt a small amount of self tanner on the mitt. Use a clean foundation makeup brush to pick up some of the tanner to apply the backs of hands and wrists. Swirl it in circles so your are blending it to a nice, even fade out.
How to Apply Fake Tan to Your Face
- Moisturize first
- Apply some self tanner to the mitt again, then apply it to the face using a foundation brush just like with the hands.
- Apply to the places you would contour first because you want those to be the darkest- the perimeter of your forehead, the jawline, the hollows of the cheeks.
- Don’t put any above your lip. It always soaks up way too much and you’ll have a brown mustache.
- This self tanner doesn’t make me break out, but everyone is different. You can always skip your face and just apply a slightly darker foundation and extra bronzer.
- I have to go from light to medium foundation when I’m tanned.
- Tanning the face really helps reduce the appearance of redness!
- Your face will be the first place the tan fades from because you wash it so much.
Related Post: The Best Sunscreens
I hope you enjoyed these tanning tips. Remember, if you get a real tan from the sun that means you’ve damaged your skin 😉 Skip the wrinkles, sun spots, and skin cancer and try this instead!
Related Post: I didn’t think I would get skin cancer either.
Be sure to check out my master list of Naomie Olindo’s makeup, skincare, hair, and beauty favorites!