I love a good slutty costume and I highly encourage anyone considering it to go for it. There are some situations though where you can’t go full-out drag queen in her underwear (work, an “adult” party, when you feel too old but have to dress up). Here’s a few ideas/tutorials to inspire you this year:
1. Elsa! If you aren’t sick of Frozen yet try out shaanxo’s Elsa tutorial which she describes as “easiest Halloween makeup ever!”
Ok I know we already went over the scary costume ideas, but I had to post this Frostbite Elsa since it’s so cool, plus Glam&Gore explains how to do the regular Elsa first:
And one more variation that might be cute, especially if you have a daughter going as Elsa:
2. Maleficent– Every guru did their take on the extreme contouring of Maleficent. Here’s one of my favorites Kandee Johnson showing you how it’s done:
3. An animal! You can dress this up or down or even go the Mean Girls route (“I’m a mouse, duh.”)
Super cute deer/fawn by Shaanxo
This CleoCatra by Chrisspy is super creative:
4. Girls make great super heroes. Loving this Wonder Woman tutorial by Kandee Johnson, she totally transforms!:
Or you can go for Batman who someone once told me has the best super power ever- a super human bank account. This tutorial will not break the bank though because she uses almost entirely drug store products:
5. The non-costume costume – 90’s grunge. This look is super popular right now. Bust out your chokers, ying yangs, brown lipstick, and flannel for this look. I wonder if Kylie Jenner brought this look back. Don’t forget every guru’s favorite lipstick of the moment Gerard Cosmetics in 1995. Here’s 100+ more Halloween Costume Ideas Inspired by the 90s including the Craft which is an A+ group costume idea for you and 3 of your friends.
Here’s Jaclyn Hill’s take on it:
Lustre Lux’s 90’s inspired look:
Makeup Geek’s- I like the “bad brow day” part because the other day I was feeling super Groucho Marx not gonna lie:
What’s that? You wish this post had more about me personally? If you insist… Here’s some pictures of my last few Halloweens. I will say that I’m super lucky to have a best friend who passes down her amazing costumes to me!:
Ah what a beautiful note to end on.