I saw this DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand on Classy Clutter and became OBSESSED. I NEEDED it. I’m not super confident in my DIY skills. I mess up approximately 100% of projects I attempt. Luckily I had some friends encourage me along the way! If I can do this, literally anyone can. Plus my DIY Ikea ALEX Vanity is my most popular post of all time, so I figured you all would like to know more! Continue reading DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand
The air is getting colder and the desire to spend Sunday afternoons snuggled on the couch with someone is increasing rapidly. This can only mean one thing, we are now approaching Cuffing Season. Summer is a great time to hang out with friends, spend your days at the beach and embrace your single self. However, once the temperature drops, you’re on the hunt for a cuddle buddy to cuff for the winter months. The truth is, you don’t know if this relationship will survive the snowy season, but you also don’t want to be the only person without a date to your friend’s NYE party. Keep reading for tips on what you can do to ensure you cuff the person you want to spend your “Netflix and chill” time with.
Change Up Your Look for Cuffing Season
So I’ve been reading through lots of Reddit posts on r/dating and r/dating_advice to look for some patterns. One that keeps popping up is guys think the only way for them to be more attractive is by working out. Or making more money. Other then that it’s all genetics and they have absolutely no control.
As a woman I’m bombarded with ads of products that will make me more attractive. Advertising tells me there’s billions of ways for me to improve my beauty. I guess men haven’t had that same message their entire lives. So here you go men (all humans really), here’s all the secrets to being more attractive.
Be More Attractive Physically
First I want to clarify something. Women are not as obsessed with looks as men are. We really and truly are looking at more than your face, body, and bank account. We see the whole picture. You do not have to have a 6 pack or a perfect beach body to be successful on a dating app or dating online.
In fact, there are some women that are turned OFF by chiseled bodies because they feel intimidated or like they would be judged. I don’t want to date a huge body builder because if a man is eating and working out all day, how is he going to give me as much attention as I need??
Want to look more attractive physically? Try these:
- Update your hair cut
- Change your facial hair
- Improve your skin – wash it every morning and night with a gentle cleanser. I like the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. Use sunscreen on your face every day. Use a retinol at night. Start slow with 1-2 times a week and work up to nightly. Just like most good things in life, consistency is important. If you have lots of acne scars or acne start getting facials regularly.
- Improve your smile – Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Use Crest Whitestrips to whiten your teeth (this is my best tip for looking more attractive immediately, looking better in photos, and looking younger). Straighten your teeth with braces or Invisalign. Always brush your teeth before leaving the house. Carry gum and/or mints on you.
- Eat healthy – Feed yourself like a grown up. Know how to make simple meals. Show that you are capable of taking care of yourself and that you care about your appearance.
- Workout – This will improve your mood, give you more energy, increase your confidence, and get you more in touch with and more comfortable with your body.
- Have impeccable hygiene – Daily or twice a day showers (omg what a dream to not have to wash/blow dry your hair… I would take so many more showers)
- Clean up your hands and feet – Short, clean nails. No crazy calluses. Get a manicure and pedicure if you have to (you’ll enjoy it trust me).
- Moisturize your skin – If it’s dry or flakey make sure you’re not using a soap that’s striping all of the oils out of your skin. Switch to a moisturizing body wash and put lotion on after you get out of the shower will your skin is still damp.
- Posture – If yours is not good, work on it. Practice. Stand tall.
- Get new clothes – Ones that fit you well, are good quality, and can be worn on dates.
- Smell Amazing – Have great hygiene and then use perfume/cologne to smell even better. Suggested reading: How To Smell Sexy ; Men Love This Perfume on Women
Sound More Attractive
- Speak with confidence – Again, practice. Shy? Start forcing yourself to make small talk with strangers when you’re out and about and there’s no pressure. If you talk fast slow down. Enunciate your words and don’t whisper them. Suggested Reading: Pitch Perfect: How to Say It Right the First Time, Every Time Continue reading How to Be More Attractive
So my friend Rachel is getting her Masters at USC and asked if she could interview me all about Bumble and dating as a millennial. I said sure! And she really blew me away with how amazing the video came out!
Here’s her description: “Dating organically is a thing of the past, the new trendy and relevant way to meet the love of your life is through dating apps. Specifically Bumble has taken off as a successful and woman run company over the last few years. It urges its female users to initiate conversation and even holds events regularly for their members. I will follow Lindsay Cockburn, a doctor and blogger, in search of love in Los Angeles county, to a bumble event, where she will eat, drink, work out and possibly mingle. Then interview her about the new way of bumble app dating, the upsides and challenges that she encounters and why she feels this is necessary to meet new people in today’s society.”
Bumble Los Angeles Events
This was actually my 2nd Bumble event and I went to a 3rd, a Happy Hour Mixer at Crustacean Beverly Hills, later that week and it was fabulous. Bumble hosts amazing events! If you want to find out when the next event will be check out the Bumble Los Angeles Facebook Page.
View this post on Instagram
Had a great time at the @bumble @bloggerswhobrunchla event at @americanabrand today! #bumble has the best branding, events, attention to detail, messages of female empowerment, social conscientiousness, etc they never disappoint! My dream man is the male version of @whitwolfeherd maybe if I ski backwards down a mountain I’ll find him 😂 Also if you ever want tips on your dating profile feel free to DM me 🤗😘 #bloggerswhobrunch
Does this sound like you?
- I want to try online dating or dating apps, but I’m intimidated by the process.
- I tried online dating, but I found it overwhelming and like a second job.
- I go on dates and they’re not BAD, they just aren’t good.
- I’ve been online dating for years and I feel burnt out and discouraged by the process. Maybe I’m just meant to be a single cat lady.
- I go on a date and finally feel like I have a connection with someone and then I never hear from them again.
- What’s the point of online dating- after matching with people all I hear is crickets.
If you’re new to dating apps and online dating
Who has the time to fiddle with these apps and try to figure them all out? Starting off strong with the right online dating apps, an excellent profile, and the skills to turn matches into dates will save you tons of time and energy. You can streamline the process of going from knowing nothing about online dating to meeting the kind of matches you want and finding love.
You’re welcome to muddle through the process, spend hours on the apps with nothing to show for it, and worry about getting catfished or scammed. Or you can learn the skills and techniques right up front and do it right the first time.
It will take work on your part, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. If you think you may need an excel spreadsheet to keep track of everyone you’re talking to on dating apps, you’re doing it wrong.
Let’s work together to help you achieve your dating and relationship goals. Let’s make this process as simple and enjoyable as it can be. Your time is valuable and healing after bad online dating experiences is no joke. Let’s do it right the first time. I love efficiency.
If you’ve been online dating for a while
What needs to change? Your dating mindset and your strategy.
When you’ve been online dating for years you can start relentlessly questioning yourself (and well meaning friends and family members may join in). Are you being too picky? Are your standards too high? Surely you should have met someone by now and settled down if you were really lovable.
Then there’s the toll dating takes on your self esteem. Feeling like you’re getting rejected over and over chips away at your confidence. You thought you were smart, attractive, successful, educated, with a great life, but if that was true why aren’t any of your dates seeing that? Plus the only thing all of your dates have in common is they’re going out with you… so clearly you are the problem.
Let’s work together to hit the reset button on your dating mindset. Continue reading Dating Coaching
Kelly Dodd from Real Housewives of Orange County can be pretty polarizing, but I think we can all agree that she’s absolutely gorgeous and may be aging in reverse. Kelly Dodd was born September 26, 1975 making her 42 years old. Kelly Meza-Dodd is originally from Arizona and has also lived in San Francisco before ending up in Orange County. She is also a Latina and part Mexican.
Kellys tagline this season is “Call animal control, ’cause there’s a cougar on the loose in the OC.” She is recently divorced from her ex Michael Dodd. Kelly is single and on the prowl and looking better than ever! Kelly and Michael Dodd have one daughter together named Jolie.
When do you feel most beautiful?
Everyday, when I eat healthy and exercise. (Source)
Kelly Dodd’s Skin Care
As you’ve gotten older, how has your beauty routine changed?
When I was younger I use to just wash my face and call it a night. Now I wash, tone, brighten, retin A, moisturize. I believe beauty starts from the inside out, so I am more mindful now about nutrition, exercise and getting enough sleep. (Source)
OMG 4 years!!
Reflecting on our lives is so crucial! When we don’t we can forget just how far we have come!! Although I am eternally feeling guilty about neglecting my blog, my oh my has she grown! You can check out my very first blog post with a few bullet points on why I started the blog here: #tbt.
Best of 2018
Naomie Olindo is the French beauty on Bravo’s Southern Charm. Naomie is gorgeous and has that effortless yet flawless vibe. You all have really been liking Cameran Eubanks’ and Patricia Altschul’s beauty secrets so I figured another Southern Charm beauty would be a great addition. Naomie’s birthday is August 4, 1992 making her 26 years old and a fellow Leo.
Naomie started the show as Craig Conover’s (@caconover) girlfriend, but in the fall on 2017 they broke up. Naomie is currently dating super hot doctor Metul Shah (@m_shah11) who is an anesthesiologist. New nose, new clothing line, and new man- it’s almost like she’s the #NewNaomie 😉 Continue reading Naomie Olindo from Southern Charm’s Beauty Secrets
Today we have an awesome guest post from Kelsey (that’s her in the photo above, isn’t she gorgeous?!)! Kelsey is the editor at LuxAuthority and is trying to balance both her budget and her credit card balance. She likes to live lavish and treat herself when the opportunity allows it. She loves the newest tech, old cars and the smell of rich mahogany and leather bound books as well!
Youthful looking skin is the key to helping you feel more confident. With so many products on the market, finding the ones that are most effective can be a daunting task. Drugstores carry many products for less than $20 that work well. However, skincare regimens that come with a higher price tag could produce better results. Expensive products tend to provide long-term effects and come in a physician-strength formula. A retinol product at a drugstore, for example, will give you the ingredients but at a much lower strength. Here is a list of the top 5 luxury skincare products that are worth the splurge.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Clear Skin Sunscreen SPF60 Continue reading 5 Skin Care Products Worth The Price Tag
Hi everyone! I encourage anyone and everyone who is thinking about making a blog to JUST DO IT! It is so much fun and it is never too late! No one can offer what you can because your perspective is totally unique!