I’ve been having so much fun making YouTube videos lately! When I asked on Instagram what the hardest part about adulting was the #1 answer was money honey! Bills, loans, budgets, etc! So I thought we could start with some money mindset chit chat.
Hello gorgeous people! If you’re following me on Instagram ( @blushinginhollywood ) you would know that I recently had a big move! After 7 years of living in Hollywood I have moved into an apartment in Beverly Hills. That’s right we’re #blushinginBH now! I used the app Lugg for moving and it was super simple and efficient. I also scheduled last minute with no issues.
I’ve since used the Lugg app 2 more times to move some furniture. I included reviews about those experiences as well. I love outsourcing. Check out my YouTube video all about my Lugg app experience:
Shopping for your significant other is a rewarding experience. On one hand, the process itself is filled with love (from you!) and on the other, your fella is going to be gifted something he adores. He’ll probably love you more, too. But shopping for specific people isn’t always easy. We all have different tastes, affinities, wants, and needs, and finding the right gift can quickly become a burden.
Rest assured that this list will provide you with some gifts your fella is sure to love. As you start to think about what to get him, perhaps make it timely, being that the winter season is upon us.
I live for a Nordstrom sale. I can sit on a couch clicking through all 800 of the pages lol. I tried to make sure these items were available in most sizes, but if you’ve shopped a Nordstrom sale before you know things go FAST so if you’re even thinking of buying it, just grab it. If you don’t have time to search through every page or just want to see my top picks for the Nordstrom Fall Sale 2018 then here we go!
Tory Burch Brooke Knee High Boot $333.66 I love the placement of the little Tory Burch logo on these!! These boots are chic and classic you’d get YEARs of use out of them.
From the bachelorette party to the dress, the venue to the catering, planning a wedding is enough to drive anyone mad. A bride-to-be must learn how to let go of some things, knowing she can only control so much. But there’s one domain where she has complete control and ought to take the reins sooner than later. Every bride wants to look her absolute best on her wedding day. The event itself takes a lot of planning, but your skin should be a priority. Be kind to yourself and invest in that picture-perfect skin you’ve always wanted.
I saw this DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand on Classy Clutter and became OBSESSED. I NEEDED it. I’m not super confident in my DIY skills. I mess up approximately 100% of projects I attempt. Luckily I had some friends encourage me along the way! If I can do this, literally anyone can. Plus my DIY Ikea ALEX Vanity is my most popular post of all time, so I figured you all would like to know more! Continue reading DIY IKEA RAST Nightstand
The air is getting colder and the desire to spend Sunday afternoons snuggled on the couch with someone is increasing rapidly. This can only mean one thing, we are now approaching Cuffing Season. Summer is a great time to hang out with friends, spend your days at the beach and embrace your single self. However, once the temperature drops, you’re on the hunt for a cuddle buddy to cuff for the winter months. The truth is, you don’t know if this relationship will survive the snowy season, but you also don’t want to be the only person without a date to your friend’s NYE party. Keep reading for tips on what you can do to ensure you cuff the person you want to spend your “Netflix and chill” time with.
Change Up Your Look for Cuffing Season
So I’ve been reading through lots of Reddit posts on r/dating and r/dating_advice to look for some patterns. One that keeps popping up is guys think the only way for them to be more attractive is by working out. Or making more money. Other then that it’s all genetics and they have absolutely no control.
As a woman I’m bombarded with ads of products that will make me more attractive. Advertising tells me there’s billions of ways for me to improve my beauty. I guess men haven’t had that same message their entire lives. So here you go men (all humans really), here’s all the secrets to being more attractive.
Be More Attractive Physically
First I want to clarify something. Women are not as obsessed with looks as men are. We really and truly are looking at more than your face, body, and bank account. We see the whole picture. You do not have to have a 6 pack or a perfect beach body to be successful on a dating app or dating online.
In fact, there are some women that are turned OFF by chiseled bodies because they feel intimidated or like they would be judged. I don’t want to date a huge body builder because if a man is eating and working out all day, how is he going to give me as much attention as I need??
Want to look more attractive physically? Try these:
- Update your hair cut
- Change your facial hair
- Improve your skin – wash it every morning and night with a gentle cleanser. I like the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. Use sunscreen on your face every day. Use a retinol at night. Start slow with 1-2 times a week and work up to nightly. Just like most good things in life, consistency is important. If you have lots of acne scars or acne start getting facials regularly.
- Improve your smile – Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Use Crest Whitestrips to whiten your teeth (this is my best tip for looking more attractive immediately, looking better in photos, and looking younger). Straighten your teeth with braces or Invisalign. Always brush your teeth before leaving the house. Carry gum and/or mints on you.
- Eat healthy – Feed yourself like a grown up. Know how to make simple meals. Show that you are capable of taking care of yourself and that you care about your appearance.
- Workout – This will improve your mood, give you more energy, increase your confidence, and get you more in touch with and more comfortable with your body.
- Have impeccable hygiene – Daily or twice a day showers (omg what a dream to not have to wash/blow dry your hair… I would take so many more showers)
- Clean up your hands and feet – Short, clean nails. No crazy calluses. Get a manicure and pedicure if you have to (you’ll enjoy it trust me).
- Moisturize your skin – If it’s dry or flakey make sure you’re not using a soap that’s striping all of the oils out of your skin. Switch to a moisturizing body wash and put lotion on after you get out of the shower will your skin is still damp.
- Posture – If yours is not good, work on it. Practice. Stand tall.
- Get new clothes – Ones that fit you well, are good quality, and can be worn on dates.
- Smell Amazing – Have great hygiene and then use perfume/cologne to smell even better. Suggested reading: How To Smell Sexy ; Men Love This Perfume on Women
Sound More Attractive
- Speak with confidence – Again, practice. Shy? Start forcing yourself to make small talk with strangers when you’re out and about and there’s no pressure. If you talk fast slow down. Enunciate your words and don’t whisper them. Suggested Reading: Pitch Perfect: How to Say It Right the First Time, Every Time Continue reading How to Be More Attractive
So my friend Rachel is getting her Masters at USC and asked if she could interview me all about Bumble and dating as a millennial. I said sure! And she really blew me away with how amazing the video came out!
Here’s her description: “Dating organically is a thing of the past, the new trendy and relevant way to meet the love of your life is through dating apps. Specifically Bumble has taken off as a successful and woman run company over the last few years. It urges its female users to initiate conversation and even holds events regularly for their members. I will follow Lindsay Cockburn, a doctor and blogger, in search of love in Los Angeles county, to a bumble event, where she will eat, drink, work out and possibly mingle. Then interview her about the new way of bumble app dating, the upsides and challenges that she encounters and why she feels this is necessary to meet new people in today’s society.”
Bumble Los Angeles Events
This was actually my 2nd Bumble event and I went to a 3rd, a Happy Hour Mixer at Crustacean Beverly Hills, later that week and it was fabulous. Bumble hosts amazing events! If you want to find out when the next event will be check out the Bumble Los Angeles Facebook Page.
View this post on Instagram
Had a great time at the @bumble @bloggerswhobrunchla event at @americanabrand today! #bumble has the best branding, events, attention to detail, messages of female empowerment, social conscientiousness, etc they never disappoint! My dream man is the male version of @whitwolfeherd maybe if I ski backwards down a mountain I’ll find him 😂 Also if you ever want tips on your dating profile feel free to DM me 🤗😘 #bloggerswhobrunch
Kelly Dodd from Real Housewives of Orange County can be pretty polarizing, but I think we can all agree that she’s absolutely gorgeous and may be aging in reverse. Kelly Dodd was born September 26, 1975 making her 43 years old. Kelly Meza-Dodd is originally from Arizona and has also lived in San Francisco before ending up in Orange County. She is also a Latina and part Mexican.
Kellys tagline this season is “Call animal control, ’cause there’s a cougar on the loose in the OC.” She is recently divorced from her ex Michael Dodd. Kelly is single and on the prowl and looking better than ever! Kelly and Michael Dodd have one daughter together named Jolie.
When do you feel most beautiful?
Everyday, when I eat healthy and exercise. (Source)
Kelly Dodd’s Skin Care
As you’ve gotten older, how has your beauty routine changed?
When I was younger I use to just wash my face and call it a night. Now I wash, tone, brighten, retin A, moisturize. I believe beauty starts from the inside out, so I am more mindful now about nutrition, exercise and getting enough sleep. (Source)