Hi everyone- Ebates is having an anniversary promotion and today they are offering 20% cash back at ULTA! I decided now was a great time to share my favorite ULTA products in case you want to get in on this deal.Continue reading “My ULTA Favorites”
I live for a drugstore makeup run. The drugstores in LA are sometimes twice as expensive so I usually like to get drugstore products either out in the boonies/suburbs when I’m on a trip, at Ulta when they’re BOGO, at a Harmons in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, at Target, or online from Amazon or Target (I sound insane, but drugstore makeup is the awesome!). If you haven’t tried drugstore foundations in the past I urge you to give them a shot and you might be surprised just how nice they can be! Day to day I tend to rotate through this batch because I’m not trying to spend every last penny I have at Sephora and MAC. For reference I wear NC20 from MAC even though it’s a bit yellow on me. I have oily/combination skin and lots of pigmentation I like to cover. Here we go! Continue reading “Best Drugstore Foundations”
2015 was a fun year for makeup – we highlighted (and then strobed), we contoured (and cream contoured), we baked, we wore bold liquid lipsticks, our brows were on fleek, many of us looked like drag queens on a regular basis and it was glorious. I’m here to share with you some of my very favorite makeup that I used in 2015. Even though I buy an enormous amount of makeup, I’m a very harsh critic and I’m very skeptical of BS marketing. I’m here to say you absolutely do not need to buy expensive makeup in order to look good, many of these products are from the drugstore! This is also a good place to start if you’re just getting into makeup and don’t know what to buy. Here’s the best makeup of 2015!: Continue reading “Best Makeup of 2015”
It’s favorites time again!
1. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Showy ($6.89 at Target) – This is an oldie, but a goodie. This balm is easy to apply, gives a great color payoff, is comfortable on the lips, has a minty scent/flavor, and doesn’t smear all over my face! This is great to have handy to make any look just a little more glam. It’s a beautiful magenta color and it’s great for summer. Another Revlon I was loving this past month was the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Cherish ($6.09 at Target). This one is (as the name would suggest) more of a lip stain so it’s good for a pretty day time look. It’s a cute, sheer baby pink color with blue undertones. This is great if you find lipstick to be too intense, but aren’t a huge lip gloss fan because it’s somewhere in between. These both twist up and last a long time. I totally got distracted while writing this post and ordered 2 more of these, whoops. Continue reading “May Favorites”
I was struggling SO MUCH with my face turning into a complete oil slick, but I think I’ve finally figured out the magical combination of foundations and powders to keep my face from looking super greasy halfway through the day.
Oily skin can be especially annoying in the summertime so I thought now was the perfect time to share this. I also am sharing in this video the best way that I have found to get rid of pores or make pores appear smaller. It’s a neat little trick that makes pores basically disappear.
Products Mentioned: Continue reading “Foundation Routine for Oily Skin and How to Get Rid of Pores”
I haven’t done a favorites post in a while so I decided I’m going to do one even though the majority of my favorites are TV shows!
1. I spent the first weekend of April with my sister in San Diego and she gave me a couple perfumes she wasn’t using. I really like both of them, but my favorite is Prada Candy Eau De Parfum. It’s so nice and sweet (but not sickeningly so) and girly and the smell lasts for a while. Also I get a lot of compliments from guys on this perfume. Continue reading “April Favorites”
It’s monthly favorites time and this month I’m talking about some amazing life-changing skin care products, the perfect red lip, how to look airbrushed, and more.
Hey y’all I’m back! I hope you’re recovering from Halloween nicely. I had a really awesome time and I’m going to do a post with details about my costume pretty soon. Although I’ve been a little lighter on the posting this month I’ve definitely had a LOT of ideas for upcoming posts and I’m always buying new products and testing them out “for research for the blog” wink wink. Seriously though, sometimes I do sit at my computer with Laneige BB Cushion foundation on the left half of my face only to see how long it lasts and if it stays dewy or becomes even more wet looking with time. The answer is that stuff never dried so if you want the dewiest face in the universe check it out at Target. I also spent a LOT of time reading reviews on one of the best sites out there MakeupAlley to find out what people thought about different products I was thinking about buying and to check out the products on the Best Value list. This website is a phenomenal resource if you’re ever on the fence about purchasing a product or want more information on it. Ok now let’s move on to MY favorites/reviews/recommendations for the month of October!
Before I even get to the beauty products I will let you know that the middle sparkly pumpkin was from Home Goods I believe and the two minis are real pumpkins from Trader Joes. The one on the left is painted gold with a really cool product called Rub and Buff and the right one is just painted white. Both of the stems are coated in gold glitter. My very crafty roommate made these and they looked great.
1. House of Lashes False Lashes in Iconic ($12 or 3 for $30) pictured with the House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive ($8) – I have already talked about how much I love this lash adhesive back in my February favorites, but for a re-cap it’s latex-free and I think that’s why my eyes no longer water non-stop when I wear falsies. It’s easy to work with and apply with the brush, it dries quickly and invisibly, and it’s strong and long lasting. I bought the Iconic lashes during a Labor Day sale on the HoL website and finally got around to wearing them this past month and I love them! These are very bold, dense synthetic lashes that add nice drama. I’ve already re-used a pair with no issues. The only problem with these lashes is because they are the Premium Luxe line and have a multi-layered design they have to have a thicker band in order to hold all of those lashes together. This means that you pretty much have to wear black eyeliner on your top lid in order to hide the band, but that’s not a huge issue for my because chances are if I want this much drama I’m already rocking a big old wing up top. Here’s me getting pouty with them last weekend:
Check out my favorite things from September!
It is monthly favorites time again and this time I managed to pick more than 5 things woo hoo! I try a lot of new products (but also tend to do the same makeup for work daily), but I’m so picky that it’s hard for me to choose which ones really stand out to show you all.
1. Versace Bright Crystal eau de toilette ($52 for 1oz. at Sephora, but I bought mine at Nordstrom Rack in San Francisco for $29.99) – This month I traveled to San Francisco for the weekend and had some time to kill so I went shopping. I love getting new stuff on vacation because it reminds me of the good times that I had on my trip. This perfume is light, feminine, and clean smelling to me, but let’s see what the pros say: “Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with notes of musk and amber.” Ok so I was pretty close. My only gripe with this perfume is that it does not last!! A quick glimpse on the reviews at Sephora.com confirmed that I’m not the only one that feels this way. That is why I bought this perfume 3 weeks ago and about 1/4 of it is gone already and I didn’t even wear it everyday! I do always apply it very liberally and I also like to spray myself and my sheets before I go to bed because it smells awesome. If I hadn’t gotten this one for under $30 I definitely would not be spraying it so much.
2. Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz ($9 at Target) – I love a face mist. I really love MAC Fix Plus which I lovingly refer to as “Gypsy Water” but at $22 a pop I can’t generously douse myself in it everyday like I would like to. I will make a whole separate post on MAC Fix Plus spray to explain what the hell it is and how I use it in the future. This toning spritz smells exactly like roses and feels super refreshing and luxurious. I spray it on after washing my face or before I apply moisturizer. I also will spray some on my face before applying “a second layer of paint” aka another coat of makeup for night time when I’m in a rush. It’s supposed to “visibly tighten pores and remove the last traces of makeup” and claims that “Skin feels smoother, fresher, and prepared for moisturizing”. I only mist it on my face not on a cotton pad to remove makeup so I have no clue if it removes makeup well. Are my pores visibly tightened? Meh. Does my skin feel smoother, fresher, and prepared for moisturizing? Sure. I feel like this has been nice in the 90+ degree weather lately and will probably be nice and moisturizing when it gets colder.
3. Proclaim Professional Care Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque ($2 at Sally Beauty Supply) – This is just a nice moisturizing mask that’s ultra conditioning and it’s supposed to nourish hair making it soft, silky and manageable. I think it definitely did those things and my hair looked a little healthier after I used it. You can see that this one is opened because I’ve already used it twice and will probably be able to get 2 more uses out of it. Not bad for $2.
4. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe ($18 at Sephora) – I have talked about this product before on my How To Fill In Your Brows post. I got this for my birthday back in July, but have honestly been a bit intimidated at the thought of using it. When I’m getting ready in the AM my brows are one of the last things I do and I don’t want to be late because I’m trying to paint on the perfect eyebrows with basically a gel eyeliner for your brows. I thought this was going to be hard to apply or time-consuming, but it honestly has been way faster and easier than I thought. The other great thing about this is you need so little product that it will last forever unlike their pricey Brow Wiz pencils that I also love. The only problem I have with this is that it’s easy to go overboard and it gives you pretty seriously defined brows so you have to be careful or else it will look like you drew on brows with a Sharpie. Continue reading “September Favorites”