It’s favorites time again!
1. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Showy ($6.89 at Target) – This is an oldie, but a goodie. This balm is easy to apply, gives a great color payoff, is comfortable on the lips, has a minty scent/flavor, and doesn’t smear all over my face! This is great to have handy to make any look just a little more glam. It’s a beautiful magenta color and it’s great for summer. Another Revlon I was loving this past month was the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Cherish ($6.09 at Target). This one is (as the name would suggest) more of a lip stain so it’s good for a pretty day time look. It’s a cute, sheer baby pink color with blue undertones. This is great if you find lipstick to be too intense, but aren’t a huge lip gloss fan because it’s somewhere in between. These both twist up and last a long time. I totally got distracted while writing this post and ordered 2 more of these, whoops.
2. SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF50 ($34) – This is a UVA/UVB oil-absorbing base with a matte finish which is exactly what I need on a daily basis. I won this as part of a skin care gift pack in a silent auction for Planned Parenthood Los Angeles’ Bingo For Choice event and have been loving it! It’s a creamy texture and a beige color making it much different from my usual Paula’s Choice sunscreen, but this one is nice because it fills in your pores a little bit more and gives some color to my face.
3. Scrotal Recall – This show kept popping up in my suggestions on Netflix over and over and after watching nearly everything else available on Netflix I decided I would try it with my roommate. Before starting we discussed how British humor is not funny, the show name is terrible, and I would turn it off if it was awful. I was shocked when this show turned out to be a very funny and adorable little Rom Com! It’s about a super cute guy named Dylan who finds out he has an STD so he decides to get back in touch with every girl he’s ever been with to tell them the news. I was so sad when I came to the end of the 6 episodes because this is really a great show. Don’t let the name deter you!
4. This Salted Dark Chocolate Truffle Cookie recipe from How Sweet It Is – I made these cookies for a dark chocolate loving coworker’s birthday and GOOD LORD they were outstanding!! It was definitely like biting into a truffle I HIGHLY recommend them. I also recommend that you make them very small because they’re incredibly rich.
5. The dating app Hinge – I found Hinge by accident after the dating app Hitch contacted me asking if I wanted to write a post when they re-launch. I emailed the lovely contact person from Hitch telling her I had downloaded that app and that the dudes were super attractive and then she replied to let me know that I was on Hinge and their app is Hitch (awkward!) Either way I’m glad I found Hinge because for some reason it is (at least in LA) like a Tinder, but with very good looking guys, most of whom are in tuxedos (I talked about this in my Tinder in Brooklyn post), who are over 6 feet tall and educated. Ding ding ding, jackpot. I already recommended it to a few single girl friends who agree that it is a very nice selection! And free!
Did you see my April favorites? What were you loving this past month?