I haven’t done a favorites post in a while so I decided I’m going to do one even though the majority of my favorites are TV shows!
1. I spent the first weekend of April with my sister in San Diego and she gave me a couple perfumes she wasn’t using. I really like both of them, but my favorite is Prada Candy Eau De Parfum. It’s so nice and sweet (but not sickeningly so) and girly and the smell lasts for a while. Also I get a lot of compliments from guys on this perfume.
2. I watched a lot of great hilarious TV shows in April that actually pass The Bechdel Test. The first was Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which is created by Tina Fey so if you were a 30 Rock fan you will love it. The entire season is available on Netflix so you can binge watch it like I did.
3. I watched the entire season of Garfunkel and Oates in 1 day and I’m not ashamed because it was amazing. If you don’t know, Garfunkel and Oates are a comedy singing group that created classics such as “The Fadeaway” (when you don’t want to date someone so you slowly stop replying to their text messages). It has a lot of great cameos by other comedians and the writing is really good. My favorite episode of the season was Speechless where the girls do an experiment to see how long they can go without talking on a date (aka pulling a Little Mermaid). I’m also obsessed with their video “Sports Go Sports“. The show was on IFC, but you can watch the whole thing on Netflix (TG).
4. Amy Schumer has been absolutely killing it with season 3 of her Comedy Central show Inside Amy Schumer and if you haven’t been watching it you really need to. I already posted about Girl, You Don’t Need Makeup and Football Town Nights (“clear eyes, full hearts, don’t rape”) was incredible as well. I mean she did an entire episode last night based on 12 Angry Men where jurors had to debate whether she was hot enough to have her own show on TV. She is incredible and the show is amazing.
5. This month I also figured out what my favorite lipstick of all time is- MAC Creme Cup. It is a perfect pinky nude color that’s comfortable and looks good for everyday wear as well as at night.
What were your favorite things for April?