I wanted to make a quick post where I re-evaluate my previous reviews to give you some ideas for what to buy and what to skip at the Sephora VIB Sale 2016 which starts in 3 days on Thursday April 7th if you’re VIB Rouge or April 8th if you’re VIB and goes until the 13th.
As a refresher in order to be Sephora VIB you must spend $500 in a calendar year. The good news is that if you spend more than that then it rolls over towards the next year. To find out your status you can log on to Sephora.com and click “(Your name)’s Account” in the top right corner. If it says “VIB Beauty Insider” you’re in! You can use “VIBNOTE” online during the sale and get 15% off your entire purchase.
2015 Sephora VIB Purchases:
- Tangle Teezer Compact Styler ($20) –
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Changed my mind on this one. I think the Wet Brush you buy at the grocery store works similarly and I’m still just reaching for my wide toothed comb. The real key to detangling my hair is It’s a 10 Leave in Product.
- Sephora Collection Eye Mask in Rose ($5) & Sephora Collection Face Mask in Lotus ($6) –
- Spring 2016 thoughts: While it is fun to Snapchat yourself looking like Hannibal in a sheet mask, these are too gimmicky to waste your money on IMO. Put it towards a skin care product that has science to back it up.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($14.50 for 1.7oz) – BUY!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I used this up and repurchased which means I really liked it.
- Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 ($12 for 1oz) – BUY!!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I actually want to buy the large size of this because I think it will help me remember to wear sunscreen on my neck and chest. Yes you can use a grocery store spray sunscreen, but I don’t like the feeling of those on my skin unless I’m out by the pool or at the beach and I feel like they would stain your clothes.
- Smashbox Primer Water ($32) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still think this is gypsy water/snake oil. Don’t fall for the hype!
- philosophy Purity Made Simple ($11 for 3oz.) – BUY!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I finished this and haven’t repurchased, but I have thought about it a few times (that counts for something, right?) I’ve been extremely happy using CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin both in the morning and at night.
- Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more pore refiner primer (100 point perk/$15 for 0.5oz) – BUY!!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: My tiny sample lasted a surprisingly long amount of time! I still really want this, but why must it be so expensive!? You need to at least try this if your pores are a problem.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($22.50 for travel size) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I still have no idea why people still love this stuff!! Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Cameo is 1 million times better under the eyes. Don’t fall for the hype!
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lovecraft (100 point perk/$21) – BUY
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still wear this and love the color.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Melancholia ($20) – BUY
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I have barely worn this which may have to do with how pastel this shade is. I remember the formula being comfortable though, but I’m not as enthusiastic. I will admit that I do have commitment issues so I struggle with liquid lipsticks.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Compelte Coverage Concealer in Fair Neutral ($28) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I’ve softened on this one and while it’s not a hard pass, I like it better than I did before. I will still say skip though and recommend one from the drugstore which I think works even better- the NYX HD Concealer.
2014 Sephora VIB Purchases:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Pore Minimizing Primer ($39)- SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still hate/don’t think it works. Dr. Brandt Pores No More (see below) does what this claims to do MUCH better.
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 07 Dark Berry ($13) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I’m still not cool enough to wear this.
- BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Buff ($44) – BUY!!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still love this when I’m doing a heavy full coverage full glam look. I don’t usually wear this during the day because the shade doesn’t match me very well and it’s full coverage enough to be a mask so I have to wear my hair down when I wear it.
- L’Occitane Voyage En Provence Set ($39) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still annoyed I ever bought this.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in 2.0 ($39) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still hate. This is not for oily girls like myself. And it absolutely looks and feels like I’m wearing makeup so IDK where they got this “naked” idea from.
- Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush ($25) – SKIP
- Spring 2016 thoughts: Still never use this.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Mini Rollerball Set ($20) – BUY!
- Spring 2016 thoughts: I mentioned in my last post that at the Fall 2015 Sephora VIB sale I bought a perfume sampler that includes both of these because I know I love them and would be happy with a full size.
Don’t forget to use the code VIBNOTE at checkout between 4/8/16-4/13/16 to get your 15% off. I also highly recommend using Ebates which is currently offering 4% cash back. I’m getting an Ebates check soon for about $32! Check out this other Sephora post to find out more about how Ebates works. For more reviews and recommendations check out my Sephora VIB Post Round up from earlier this week or one of these:
- Find out what I thought when I posted these in the Fall 2015
- Sephora VIB Sale Wish List (Spring 2015)
- Sephora VIB Sale Spring 2015 – This includes 10 of my favorite/MUST try products from Sephora
- Reviews of My Sephora VIB 2014 Purchases
- What I Bought at the Sephora VIB Sale
- Sephora VIB Sale What to Buy and What to Skip (Fall 2014)