I wanted to share my Sephora Play! Box from April:
Got my @Sephora Play! box for April! ✨🌟⭐️ I got @katesomervilleskincare ExfoliKate intensive exfoliator, @makeupforeverofficial Aqua XL black eyeliner, @sephoracollection Waterproof eye makeup remover, @peterthomasrothofficial Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, @smashboxcosmetics Photo Finish primer, and @marcjacobsfragrances Daisy perfume. I’m most excited for the ExfoliKate since people are always raving about it and it’s super expensive! 🌟Best tip from the paper: use makeup primer on a q-tip or finger to fix makeup mistakes for anything from eyeliner to blush 🤔 I will need to try this tip out! 👇Did anyone get something different in their kit? Which product is your fave??👇
I still love this subscription box in general, but felt as though this month was a little weak. Just a reminder it’s $11 shipped per month and comes with 5 deluxe samples, 1 perfume sample, a small bag, a handout with tips and tricks about the products, and a card that gets you 50 Beauty Insider points with any Sephora purchase. I do find it slightly annoying that they send the box halfway through the month (at least that’s when I receive mine), but you can only use that card through the end of the calendar month not within 30 days of receiving your box. I felt like this month’s kit would have been great for a makeup newbie who didn’t already own way too much makeup and skincare like myself. Anyways this box contained:
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment: I was most excited to try this product since the full size is super expensive and I always see beauty bloggers raving about it. Unfortunately I found it pretty underwhelming. It might be the Intensive Exfoliating Treatment that they keep raving about, because this Gentle Exfoliating Treatment is a little too gentle for my liking. If you’re going to pay that much for an exfoliator your skin should feel completely different afterwards IMO.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Black eyeliner: This one isn’t bad, but I own a million including this one already and it’s not even in my top 3 black eyeliners that I reach for. This went into my box of backup products.
- Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover: I currently have eyelash extensions (from @msjessicajay on IG) so I can’t use eye makeup remover that’s oily at all. This one and the Smashbox primer went into my sister’s Easter basket as gifts.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum: I know Hyaluronic Acid is amazingly hydrating for you, but it just is so hard for me to tell a difference when I use it! If you’ve never touched it it’s almost like a watery gel consistency and doesn’t absorb into your skin if you rub it so you have to pat it in. I didn’t find this one significantly different than my generic Amazon Hyaluronic Acid.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: This should be retired from the Sephora samples/points perks samples along with Urban Decay Primer Potion because they’ve given out so many already it feels like everyone must already own this overhyped product. It’s very silicone-y which can feel nice even on a day when you’re not wearing makeup, but I don’t find that it extends how long my makeup will stay on throughout the day.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume: This perfume is nice and I have purchased the roller ball before, but since I’ve already tried it I’m going to put it in a hygiene kit that I’m donating to people experiencing homelessness.
So this was my most underwhelming Sephora Play! Box yet and I’m praying next month will be better. From what I saw on Instagram it looked like they gave everyone these exact products too for whatever reason (usually they’re more individualized).
Do you prefer hair, makeup, or skin care samples? I actually think I prefer hair since they usually last the longest (even though makeup is my true love)! Let me know down below!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.