Ok we’re getting down to the wire here gentlemen it’s very important that you plan and make a reservation/buy tickets to whatever you have decided will be your Valentines Day 2015 activity du jour. I think it’s great that Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year because that means we have an entire day to primp (and smell sexy), and can also go out on Friday or Sunday if necessary to avoid crowds. This list includes unique and creative ideas at a variety of price points with most events in Los Angeles, but you can (try) to find something similar wherever you are this Valentine’s day. Here’s some ideas if the thought of a $200 prix fixe menu at a stuffy place with white tablecloths is not your thing:
1. Movie – Ok while not the most creative idea in the world, a movie is always nice. You can of course see 50 Shades of Grey which premiers Valentine’s Day weekend or go for something more innocent like seeing Lady and the Tramp at El Capitan (Tickets $9+). Or stay in and borrow some Oscar screeners from a friend in SAG. Get lots of chocolate/popcorn/snacks and have a snuggly little slumber party. Be sure to light some candles and have flowers (check out my Make Your Home Sexy post) around and don’t just go bare faced in sweats- you want to keep some of the romance alive!
2. Concert – There’s a lot of sexy R&B happening this Valentine’s Day with Jagged Edge performing at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills (Tickets $36.50+ on Goldstar). Remember “Let’s Get Married”? Or you can see Keith Sweat and Musiq Soulchild at the Nokia Theatre LA Live (Tickets $39.50+ on Goldstar). On Valentine’s day eve you can check out the Power 106 Presents Valentine’s Crush 2015 with JOHN LEGEND head lining <swooooon>.
3. Disney (Check out the best places to kiss at Disney)! Or any theme park! Or an arcade!
4. Paint Nite – Most of the ones in LA were sold out, but if you’re willing to travel to Torrance you can go to one at a Whole Foods from 11-1:30pm for Valentine’s Day Couple’s Paint and Sip. Painting while drinking would also be a fun activity to do at home with a couple canvasses, acrylic paints, and brushes that you could pick up at any craft store.
5. Get Weird – The Edwardian Ball Los Angeles “My Gorey Valentine” at The Fonda Theater for people looking for something a little darker (Tickets $50-$85). Or you can watch Harold and Maude at a cemetery in Long Beach (Tickets $12). Sadly, the Watson Adventures’ Naked at the Getty Scavenger Hunt at the Getty Center is sold out, but this sounds like such a cute event I wanted to put the info here for a future date for all you LA people. There’s a Dancing Nudes Murder Mystery at the Getty on 3/28/15 at 4:30pm if you’re still together by then (Tickets $22).
6. Sports match – Ok if you’re the guy and you’re planning do not surprise a girl with one of these, definitely make sure it’s ok with her beforehand! But a sports match is an awesome activity for couples because you can eat and drink and talk and you’re entertained. On Vday you can go to Santa Anita Park for horse racing, an all you can eat buffet from 12-3pm, and $3 beers and cocktails. Tickets are only $13 on GoldStar making this an awesome budget Valentines Day activity in LA. There’s also an LA Kings game (that’s hockey 😉 on Valentine’s day at 7pm at the Staples Center (Tickets $61.50+)
7. Party – A Valentine’s Affair at Wax Rabbit in West Hollywood looks like a big old LGBT celebration for both singles and couples. Go to da club and get a little cray. There’s also something called Abe Lincoln’s Big Queer Valentine’s Bash in Santa Monica at 8:30 which will have some LBGT performance art (Tickets $12.50). There’s a pre-V Day 80s Prom Party at The Fonda if you want to get dressed up and be silly (Tickets $30). The Love & Lust 2015 Valentines Costume Ball & Dance Party starts at 10pm in Hollywood looks kind of like Halloween in WeHo on Valentine’s day (Tickets $20+).
8. Sexy stuff – Mythic Valentine’s is “an intentional, experiential, celebratory evening of sacred intimacy, ecstatic connection, and mind-blowing, super-sensory, belly to belly play.” I have no idea what that means, but if you want to join them for a Vday adventure from 8pm to 12am tickets are $80 for the Ecstacy Adventure. This could have also gone under “get weird.” If you want to see a show you can check out SEVEN: Valentine’s Temptation at supperclub starting at 7pm. It is described as “A Pole Dance Experience” as in dancers dancing not you. I like that they named the different tickets after the 7 deadly sins it’s cute (Tickets $30+). If you’re more into a classic vibe you can see The Dollface Dames Burlesque Show at Magicopolis at 9:30 (Tickets $7.50).There’s also The Naughty Show which features comedy, pole dancing, sketches, and interviews with porn stars at Harvelle’s Long Beach at 11pm (Tickets $10).
9. Magic Show – I had a Valentine take me to a magic show once and it was a super unique awesome idea. You can check out The Most Magical Valentine’s Day Anywhere at Magicopolis at 8pm (Tickets $20).
10. Hot Air Balloon Ride – Ok now this is definitely romantic as shit, except when you get up there and it’s just you and your bae…. and the hot air balloon pilot. You can book rides of Temecula Valley Wine Country either in a helicopter or a hot air balloon (Tickets $125).
If this wasn’t enough check out Go Los Angeles Valentine’s Day Events in LA 2015 and their Valentines Day in LA Guide, Eventbrite Los Angeles Valentine’s Day Events, Goldstar is always a great place to look for budget date ideas. What are your Valentine’s Day plans?
Be sure to check out my last post on How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes and what NOT to buy a girl on ANY holiday.