I had seen a lot of hype online about the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Mask, but I was hesitant to buy it since I was afraid it might dry my skin out a little too much.
Then I got an amazing facial from Vanessa at VaneBee Skin Care in Glendale and she recommended the mask and said it was excellent for ANY skin type so I was sold. Who doesn’t want to clean all the crap out of their pores!?
Some tips for using this mask:
- Wash your face first.
- When mixing it, be sure to mix it in a plastic or glass bowl AND with a plastic (not metal) spoon or fork! You can also use a cute lil mask kit like this:
3. The first time you use it, try mixing the clay with water instead of Apple Cider Vinegar to ease your way in. That way your face won’t have the intense pulsating feeling and if you have sensitive skin it won’t get as aggravated.
4. You’re supposed to let it dry for 5-10 minutes for sensitive skin and 15-20 for normal skin. Vanessa gave me the tip to be sure to take it off before it’s completely hardened because if you wait too long the stuff clogging your pores will also harden and won’t come out.
5. After you use it use the mask and clean it off with water use a toner and cotton round all over your face to make sure you get every last bit off. Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner is a nice natural one that I use.
6. After you’ve used the mask and toner your skin will feel tight and dry so be sure to use a good moisturizer.
7. Only use this mask about once a week so you don’t dry your skin out too much.
My pores definitely appeared smaller after using this mask and my skin felt nice and smooth- I love it and plan on using it weekly! If you try this mask, let me know!
2 thoughts on “The Face Mask You Must Try”