Sephora’s twice a year VIB sale is back! This sale occurs every spring in April/May and again in the fall in October/November. The discount for this year’s spring sale is:Continue reading
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 9 premiers on 2/12/19 and I thought it was time to do a beauty secrets post on Lisa Rinna! In case you missed it I’ve done beauty secrets posts for Lisa Rinna’s Real Housewives costars Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, and Erika Jayne already.
I found these photos of her wearing the same dress in 2005 and 2018 so fascinating and great proof that what she is doing is working!!
How Old is Lisa Rinna?Continue reading
Sonja Morgan is the hilarious gorgeous star of Real Housewives of New York City. She always has a super-natural look about her that’s light, radiant, and youthful, and probably helps her get all of those younger guys when she’s out at Beautique.Continue reading
Since I’ve already done Lisa Vanderpump (twice for LVP actually), Erika Jayne aka Erika Girardi, and Lisa Rinna I figured the next Real Housewife of Beverly Hills whose beauty secrets we all want to know is obviously Kyle Richards aka Kyle Richards Umansky. I have scoured the internet for any and all interviews with Kyle about her favorite beauty products, makeup, hair care, skin care, etc. and have put them all together for your enjoyment here!
What’s your beauty mantra in five words or less?Kyle Richards (source)
“When in doubt, do without!”
How Old is Kyle Richards?Continue reading
Bloomingdales was sweet enough to send me a Bonus Box filled with the latest beauty products and the one that I had to try immediately was the Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub ($28). PS to see more unboxings add me on Snapchat (@lindsaycockburn).
Before using the mask be sure to wash your face then apply it all over in a thin layer. Continue reading
I had seen a lot of hype online about the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Mask, but I was hesitant to buy it since I was afraid it might dry my skin out a little too much.
Then I got an amazing facial from Vanessa at VaneBee Skin Care in Glendale and she recommended the mask and said it was excellent for ANY skin type so I was sold. Who doesn’t want to clean all the crap out of their pores!?
Some tips for using this mask:
- Wash your face first.
- When mixing it, be sure to mix it in a plastic or glass bowl AND with a plastic (not metal) spoon or fork! You can also use a cute lil mask kit like this:
3. The first time you use it, try mixing the clay with water instead of Apple Cider Vinegar to ease your way in. That way your face won’t have the intense pulsating feeling and if you have sensitive skin it won’t get as aggravated.
4. You’re supposed to let it dry for 5-10 minutes for sensitive skin and 15-20 for normal skin. Vanessa gave me the tip to be sure to take it off before it’s completely hardened because if you wait too long the stuff clogging your pores will also harden and won’t come out.
5. After you use it use the mask and clean it off with water use a toner and cotton round all over your face to make sure you get every last bit off. Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner is a nice natural one that I use.
6. After you’ve used the mask and toner your skin will feel tight and dry so be sure to use a good moisturizer.
7. Only use this mask about once a week so you don’t dry your skin out too much.
My pores definitely appeared smaller after using this mask and my skin felt nice and smooth- I love it and plan on using it weekly! If you try this mask, let me know!