On 8/15/14 Lilly Ghalichi streamed a live makeup demo with her makeup artist Bria Valencia. This is part three of the tutorial.
Do you see that glow on top of her cheekbones? Doesn’t it look gorgeous? Today we will get into Lilly Ghalichi’s highlight as well as her gorgeous nude lip.
When we last left off on Lilly Ghalichi (and Kim Kardashian’s) Tips and Tricks Part Two we were beating our face for the gods with double (and sometimes triple) layered highlighting and contouring. Next we are going back to finish the eyes. The reason for this is because you want to apply all of the under eye concealer BEFORE applying your bottom lash shadows and mascara, otherwise you might accidentally cover them up with the concealer and you would have to do it all over again. See below:
1. Bria lined Lilly’s water line and lower lash line with MAC’s Eye Kohl in Teddy ($17). Lilly noted when you have a heavy lash and smokey look on the lid it’s important to balance it out on the lower lash line as well.
She then used a rose gold colored shadow (I’m not sure which one, sorry!) underneath the brown liner and smudged it down slightly. Next she patted a dark brown color that was the same color as the liner on top of the bottom lash line to intensify it. She blended this with a Sigma F63 Airbrush Blender brush ($16).
2. Next up was mascara and a Lilly tip- she says for skin care and foundation you should splurge, but for mascara you should save and buy drugstore! She loves L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black which is also a favorite of the Kardashian ladies. Bria used L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes ($8.99 here) on Lilly’s upper and lower lashes. On the upper lashes the mascara is blending Lilly’s real and false lashes (remember that she was wearing TWO pairs!) and adding drama as well as further opening the eyes. Bria also recommends putting a finger behind your lashes to help to coat as well as curl them.
3. For blush Bria used MAC Honey Jasmine Blush which unfortunately was limited edition and is no longer available, but a similar color that is a huge staple of mine is MAC Powder Blush in Peaches ($23).
She not only applied the blush to the apples of Lilly’s cheeks, she also applied a small amount around the contour of the forehead and on the chin. This may sound crazy, but I do this sometimes as well and if you use a light hand it does not look crazy.
4. Now onto the glow! Bria used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow on the bridge and tip of Lilly’s nose because it is more of a tan glow and not too shiny which is better for the nose. You want to save the shiny glow for the cheeks!
In order to achieve Lilly’s beautiful cheekbone glow, Bria layered a few highlighters. On the cheekbones she applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in New Vegas which unfortunately is also limited edition and no longer available, but Lilly recommended Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in ‘Bronze’. She also put some on the cupid’s bow to highlight as well. She applied this using a fan brush. Next she liberally applied Giella Comsetics EYE M GLAM highlighting powder to Lilly’s cheek bones and around her tear ducts which really brightens the eyes.
5. On to the lips. Lilly loves a nude lip, but in order to have it look really nice and to make sure she doesn’t look washed out, she first must use a brown liner to define her lips. Bria used Inglot Lipliner FM in 854. Next she used MAC Lipstick in High Tea which is a slightly brown nude. After that she applied MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl which is more of a pinky nude in the center of Lilly’s lips.
She then used a white lipgloss from Inglot which I believe is the AMC Lip Gloss in 541 (I think this might be discontinued) again just in the center of the lips to highlight and add dimension. The lipgloss is opalescent and really pretty. Lilly mentioned that she really wanted to buy this lip gloss after it was applied because she had never tried it before.
6. To finish off the face Bria used the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder again under the cheekbone contour and on the chin to set and highlight a bit.
Lilly added that she always asks her makeup artists to apply some bronzer to her neck and chest to insure that her face and body are all the same color.
Are we all glowing like this picture of Lilly (above) yet?!
Lilly Ghalichi’s Lipstick
During the tutorial Lilly recommended her all-time favorite nude lipsticks:
Lilly also told us she prefers to wear bronzy eyeshadows and stays away from color. For more tips check out her newly renovated blog glamceo.com
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.