On 8/15/14 Lilly Ghalichi streamed a live makeup demo with her makeup artist Bria Valencia. This is part three of the tutorial. Be sure to check out part one and part two – they are FULL of amazing tips!
Today we will get into Lilly Ghalichi’s highlight as well as her gorgeous nude lip.
When we last left off on Lilly Ghalichi (and Kim Kardashian’s) Tips and Tricks Part Two we were beating our face for the gods with double (and sometimes triple) layered highlighting and contouring.
Next we are going back to finish the eyes. The reason for this is because you want to apply all of the under eye concealer BEFORE applying your bottom lash shadows and mascara, otherwise you might accidentally cover them up with the concealer and you would have to do it all over again.
1. Bria lined Lilly’s water line and lower lash line with MAC’s Eye Kohl in Teddy ($17). Lilly noted when you have a heavy lash and smokey look on the lid it’s important to balance it out on the lower lash line as well. MAC’s Teddy eyeliner is a go-to for me even for day time wear! it’s super versatile and pretty!
Bria then used a rose gold colored shadow (I’m not sure which one, sorry!) underneath the brown liner and smudged it down slightly.
Next she patted a dark brown colored eyeshadow that was the same color as the liner on the bottom lash line to intensify it. She blended this with a Sigma F63 Airbrush Blender brush ($12). I own some Sigma makeup brushes and they are go-to’s for me. They are excellent quality at a great price, highly recommend!
Lilly tip- she says for skin care and foundation you should splurge, but for mascara you should save and buy drugstore!
2. Next up was mascara. Lilly loves L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black ($6) which is also a favorite of the Kardashians.
Bria used L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes ($8.99) on Lilly’s upper and lower lashes. On the upper lashes the mascara is blending Lilly’s real and false lashes (remember from part one that she was wearing TWO pairs of her Lilly Lashes!) and adding drama as well as further opening the eyes.
Bria also recommends putting a finger behind your lashes as you apply mascara to help to coat as well as curl them.
3. For blush Bria used MAC Honey Jasmine Blush which unfortunately was limited edition and is no longer available, but a similar color that is a huge staple of mine is MAC Powder Blush in Peaches ($23). I think I’ve been wearing Peaches for 10 years now.
Bria not only applied the blush to the apples of Lilly’s cheeks, she also applied a small amount around the contour of the forehead and on the chin. This may sound crazy, but I apply blush like this as well. If you use a light hand I promise it does not look crazy!
4. Now onto the glow! Bria used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow on the bridge and tip of Lilly’s nose because it is more of a tan glow and not too shiny which is better for the nose. You want to save the shiny glow for the cheeks!
Cheek, Cupid’s Bow, and Inner Corner Highlight
In order to achieve Lilly’s beautiful cheekbone glow, Bria layered a few highlighters. On the cheekbones she applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in New Vegas which unfortunately is also limited edition and no longer available.
Next she liberally applied EYE M GLAM highlighting powder to Lilly’s cheek bones and around her tear ducts which really brightens the eyes.
5. On to the lips. Lilly loves a nude lip, but in order to have it look really nice and to make sure she doesn’t look washed out, she first must use a brown liner to define her lips. Bria used Inglot Lipliner FM in 854.
Bria she used MAC Lipstick in High Tea which is a slightly brown nude. This lipstick is no longer available, but MAC Lipstick in Honey Love is similar.
After that she applied MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl which is more of a pinky nude in the center of Lilly’s lips.
She then used a white lipgloss from Inglot which I believe is the AMC Lip Gloss in 541 (I think this might be discontinued) again just in the center of the lips to highlight and add dimension. The lipgloss is opalescent and really pretty. Lilly mentioned that she really wanted to buy this lip gloss after it was applied because she had never tried it before.
Translucent Finishing Powder
6. To finish off the face Bria used the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder again under the cheekbone contour and on the chin to set and highlight a bit.
Lilly added that she always asks her makeup artists to apply some bronzer to her neck and chest to insure that her face and body are all the same color.
Are we all glowing like this picture of Lilly (above) yet?!
Lilly Ghalichi’s Favorite Nude Lipsticks
During the tutorial Lilly recommended her all-time favorite nude lipsticks:
The Real Housewives love this Dior lip gloss as well!
Lilly also told us she prefers to wear bronzy eyeshadows and stays away from color.
Lilly Ghalichi’s Blog
For more beauty, makeup, skin care, and hair tips check out Lilly Ghalichi’s blog.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.