So I live 5 minutes from Ulta, Target, Sephora, Mac, CVS, and Rite Aid. I would call this both a perk and a danger of living in a big city. Today I ventured to the first 2 and here’s what I came out with:
From top left
1. Starbucks Passionfruit Iced Tea Lemonade because I’m trying to drink up every last drop of summer.
No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation for Normal/Oily skin. Sooo I did not need a new foundation. I was actually eyeing the new Loreal Visible Lift foundation, then I remembered I really need a longer lasting foundation and was looking at the Revlon Colorstay, but then I asked the Target makeup girl to help color match me because I was in between the palest white and the next shade up. That’s when she recommended this one which I had never heard anything about because it’s the same price ($13.99), it’s supposed to last up to 14 hours, and it has sunscreen in it. The color was a good match for me as well (Cool vanilla). Here is my current foundation collection:
So you can see I have a lot of good foundations, but most are a little dewy, getting too dark, and none are really super long lasting even when set with powder. They're all also $$$$ and now that I'm wearing makeup nearly everyday I need to put some more reasonably priced ones into my rotation.
3. No7 Quick Thinking Wipes (value pack is $10 for 50 wipes)- I typically buy the Target brand makeup remover wipes, but I asked that same girl which ones she prefers and she recommended these. She told me they can even get waterproof makeup off easily which would be nice. I'm actually going to do another post at some point on how to remove your makeup the most painless way possible.
4. Invisible tape. This may not seem like a beauty item, but it's a cheap and wonderful way to reduce eyeshadow fallout and get really clean, crisp eye makeup. I remembered I needed some of this after watching this video this morning:
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 015 Cherish Devotion ($9.49) I love my Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm so I thought I'd get another one that was a little more moisturizing. These are great because they are easy to apply, feel good on the lips, have a minty scent, don't have a bad flavor, and are more sheer so they are better for when you're running around and don't have time to keep a bold color touched up all day long. Here's me wearing it:
Pretty, right? I purposely did not touch up my foundation to show how my oily skin makes foundation break up, especially in the heat. This is the BareMinerals BareSkin foundation set with Mac Mineralized Skin Finish and it’s been on for about 4.5 hours. I was mostly inside except for when I was in that fiery dungeon that is the Target parking garage during the summer.
6. Nyx Butter Lipstick in “Bit of Honey” ($5.99) this is youtube making me buy stuff again. I loved it in this awesome tutorial by Amanda Ensing. She described it as similar to Mac Myth, but more sheer and more wearable so I said “ding ding ding, sold!”
Here’s that one on me and clearly I’m going to need to hydrate my lips before putting it on:
Again this is my makeup which has not been touched up to help me justify buying another foundation that’s more matte today haha.
7. Sonia Kashuk No 205 Duo-Fiber Crease Brush ($6.99) & skip over the pencil sharpener to the Nyx Dark Circle Concealer ($5.99)- even after a good 9-10 hours of sleep last night it still had some serious dark circles and after watching this Makeup Geek tutorial I decided to go back to color correcting with orange creams instead of just praying that maybe this time my nearly $30 Mac Pro Longwear concealer will do the job (hint: it won’t.)
8. Nyx Matte Bronzer in 01 Light ($8.99)- I’m running out of bronzer and decided to try this one before spending the $30 on Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer.
9. Visine- eye drops kind of freak me out, but after these lovely red eyes took the focus off of my awesome blue-brown smokey eye look Friday I realized it was time to get some:
10. Qtips Precision Tips- because I get mascara all over my eyes every.single.time.
I also bought this nailpolish set off of Groupon late Saturday night ($19.99) because I’ve been hunting for Lotus Begin for forever.
Groupon goods is currently selling Ardell Wispies, Duo dark adhesive, and some cheap tweezers so it’s not too late to do a little Sunday shopping yourself so you can follow my False lashes tutorial!by