I couldn’t help myself I had to do a little online “window shopping” and pick out all the items I’ve been dying to try from Sephora. If I had unlimited funds this is what my Sephora shopping cart would look like right now:
I scoured the internet for Lisa Vanderpump’s makeup and beauty secrets and now I will share them with you! A lot of the tips are from the same one or two interviews that were just copied and rewritten so I’ll start with an excerpt from her book Simply Devine:
My Morning S & M
I am a firm believer in getting yourself ready in the morning top to toe, hair washed, make-up on, before you leave the house. Yes, I’ll admit when the children were small I did sometimes drive them to school in my pajamas. And it was Sod’s Law (Murphy’s Law, I believe you call it) that every time I tried to escape unnoticed, I would run into the last person on this planet that I wanted to see me looking a disheveled mess!
I believe if you take care of yourself first in the morning, your frame of mind is different and you will be prepared for all eventualities. I, at least, now that my children are grown, will try to never give it up again. I think I will color my hair until they carry me off in a box!
If you don’t know, Lisa Vanderpump is a housewife from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules. She is also a mother, a restaurateur, and a damn good business woman. She also does the interior design for all of her restaurants and clubs and has incredible taste. I have been to 2 out of 3 of her restaurants Villa Blanca and Sur, but I haven’t been to her newest venture Pump (yet!). I also have met Lisa Vanderpump at her book signing (and oddly enough her daughter Pandora was my server at Villa Blanca less than a year ago..):
Ok let’s talk about her makeup!: Continue reading Lisa Vanderpump’s Beauty Secrets
The Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Steals Events & Free Gifts is March 15th-April 4th, 2015 and I decided to look through the deals and let you know what I thought was worth checking out!
This is a great palette of neutral shades that could work day or night and would be great for someone who is just getting into makeup and doesn’t know what kind of eyeshadow to wear. It’s the Ulta Beauty Steal for 3/29/15, but it’s already on the website for $15 right now so I’m thinking you might not have to wait… You can also get a free deluxe sample of the LORAC Porefection Mattifying Face Primer with any $25 Lorac purchase between 3/15/15-4/4/15. Their Lorac PRO Mascara is also on sale right now for $11.50 so boom there’s your $25 purchase right there!
Today I have a fun new video for you and in it I teamed up with one of my good friends Rachel who is better known as the porn star and feminist extraordinaire Tasha Reign. Tasha Reign has been in the adult film business for over 4 years now and one of the things we first bonded about when we met at a dinner party was our love of makeup! I love me some HEAVY glam. You better believe I have told a MAC artist before to make me look like a porn star! When I said that I meant bronzed, smoked out, contoured for the gods, a frosty highlight, and a baby pink lip, but from talking with Tasha Reign I have realized that now there is no such thing as “porn star makeup.” The industry has changed and they have really dialed down the glam and want more natural looking girls and a wider range of looks now. Rachel is still a glam girl at heart so her day to day makeup is pretty, girly, and definitely “made up.” In this video she teaches me (and anyone else who wants to learn!) her usual makeup routine when she’s going for “Natural Glam” step-by-step. She talks about her favorite products as well as tips and tricks she has learned from working with so many professional makeup artists over the years. There’s also tons of cameos by her 6 month old chihuahua poodle mix named Cinderella. Part of Tasha Reign’s job is to interact with her fans via social media so she posts lots of fun selfies daily (follow her on Instagram @mytashareign and on Twitter (NSFW)@tashareign). This also means that she knows how to make makeup look great on camera.
So if you’re curious about her makeup or just want to see us laugh at each other OR if you want to <GASP> see a porn star without makeup(!!!) check out our video!: Continue reading Porn Star Makeup Tutorial with Tasha Reign
Today I wanted to share a quick tip I learned this month from my good friend Jenna about shaving. Now Jenna, like me, is a product junkie. So when I asked her to borrow some shaving cream I was shocked when she told me SHE DIDN’T USE ANY. What!? She told me she just shaves in the shower with water and a razor! What about razor burn? Doesn’t she get more cuts? What about shaving gel’s moisturizing properties!? Nope she said, she doesn’t have any issues. I have been doing this method ever since she told me about it and I can echo that I don’t get razor burn from it or more cuts or anything! We’ve all heard in a pinch or to make your products multi-task you can use conditioner or body wash to shave with, but wouldn’t it be nice to eliminate a product?? It saves a little money, saves time, you don’t have that annoying thing happening where the shower gel keeps rinsing off before you use it, and I have yet to see negative effects. Plus it’s a few less chemicals on your skin!
Here’s some tips if you want to try it: Continue reading Quickie Beauty Tip – Shaving Without Gel or Cream
Today I have another new video for you! I filmed this a couple weeks ago while I was getting ready for a first date. It shows me going from my work clothes to first date ready. I thought it would be fun to combine the beauty + dating info. I hope you like it! Please don’t forget to subscribe, like, comment, share etc. so I can reach more people 🙂
Some of my first date essentials: Continue reading Get Ready with Me for a First Date Video
Last month when I was in Florida for the holidays I hit up the incredibly epic Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise (near Miami). If you’ve never been to Sawgrass Mills it’s an enormous super high end mall PLUS outlet mall with stores like Tory Burch, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Nordstrom Rack, Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth, etc. etc. It’s always swamped with people from all over the world all brought together by the shared love of finding a great deal. I was at Sawgrass for HOURS in a trance-like zombie shopping state when all of a sudden I realized “holy shit…I’m in a CCO.”
So what the hell is a CCO anyway? CCO stands for Cosmetic Company Outlet or it’s also known as CCS which is The Cosmetics Company Store. A CCO is the one magical, mystical place that you can find MAC ON SALE. And not just MAC, but Origins, Estée Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Bumble & Bumble, and more. They have current and past/discontinued products, limited edition products, gift sets, and products that are in the older packaging and therefore are no longer sold at the store. The products are authentic and usually sold at 30% off retail price. The stores are open to the public so you don’t have to be a makeup artist or in the industry to go to one. How is this possible? Continue reading What is a CCO?
So now that I’ve had a chance to use my purchases from the 2014 Sephora VIB sale I wanted to give a quick review on them and let you know what I think. I especially wanted to get this up because Sephora sent out another perk for VIB members which is $20 off your purchase of $50 or more and the holidays are coming up so I’m sure you want to know what gifts are worth it.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer ($39) – So far I’m happy with this little guy. The product is a little thick so you have to warm it up on your finger tips before you apply it. You then want to kind of push and roll your fingers into your skin to best cover your pores. When I’ve applied it and look in the mirror there’s no huge “WOW where have my pores gone!?” reaction, but it feels silicon-ey and smooth and blurs your face a tiny bit. The main thing I like about it is that I think it controls my oily skin without making my face too dry which is a delicate balance. My foundation maybe looks slightly better on top of this vs. without it, but it’s not anything that a slower more intentional application of the foundation couldn’t replicate or beat. It maybe keeps my makeup on a tiny bit longer as well, but again no huge day and night transformation. It’s supposed to last for up to eight hours, but I usually have my makeup on for about 12-14 hours per day. Overall I’d recommend this if you’re oily, if you’ve liked Smashbox primers in the past, and if you aren’t counting on it to change your life. It would also be good if you’re sweating or somewhere that’s humid because it’s supposed to be resistant to those things.
2. Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 07 Dark Berry ($13) – I got this because I want to be Samantha aka ssssamanthaa on Instagram from Batalash (see video below), but instead I look like I’m failing miserably at trying to look like Lorde. I’ve only worn this around the house to try it because it is BOLD as hale. It smells really nice like the Stila Stay All Day Lip Colors a nice cake scent. It stayed pretty well and I don’t remember my lips feeling too dry and crispy. I hope I’m brave enough to wear it out into the world one day, but we’ll see. The color is really cool and I’d recommend it if you want to try something new and fun I just don’t know if I’m cool enough to rock it yet.
3. L’Occitane Voyage En Provence Set ($39) – Ugh I haven’t used all of the products in this set so far, but so far I’m super disappointed. I had very high expectations for this especially for the famous She Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion and it was nothing special. The scent was whatever and it’s not super thick or long lasting or curative to very dry skin or anything like I was expecting. I would not recommend this and I’m wary of buying more products from L’Occitane now even though so many people are obsessed! I’d recommend this to no one because I hate it and I’m pissed. The more I think about it and write about it the more I think wow why am I not returning this to Sephora I don’t need products to travel with so desperately that I need to keep this $39 set!
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in color 2.0 ($39) – I knew this guy was not going to be the perfect fit because it’s a luminous light weight virtually invisible foundation and deep down I’m a full coverage kind of girl. It’s very thin and fluid-like and reminds me of the bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation in that it’s luminous and nice for a day that you want to look natural and take a break from full cake face mode. This would probably work better for me at night because when I wear these luminous foundations during the day I get oily and then they’re a mess, but the problem is that I want full coverage when I go out at night. This does have build able coverage though which is good. I need to experiment with it a bit more to figure out how it can work best for me. I wish it had sunscreen in it. I’d recommend this to someone that wants to look younger (a more sheer, luminous foundation will make you look younger than a matte full coverage one), someone that already has pretty good skin and doesn’t need a ton of coverage, and someone with dry, normal, or combo skin.
5. Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush ($25) – This is a vegan brush that was developed to work with the Naked Skin foundation and overall I like it a lot. It blends out the makeup quickly and evenly. I have used it with both the super thin Naked Skin foundation and the super thick BECCA foundation. I’m back to using my tried and true Beauty Blender, but when I mix it up I love using this guy. I’d recommend it to someone looking for a good foundation brush to use with liquid foundation. I think the price point on this is great and very reasonable for the quality.
6. BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Buff ($44) – YASSSSSSS hunny. I am absolutely loving this foundation and I’m using it everyday and at night for going out as well. It is super full coverage and gives you a very flawless finish. I normally use a generous amount of foundation so when I accidentally put two whole pumps on my beauty blender and then went to blend it out and I was wearing a serious mask (which was fine for that day, but meant I don’t need to use as much in the future because it’s so pigmented). This foundation is easy to blend but the only thing you have to look out for is once it dries (relatively quickly in 1-3 minutes) it is DRY and SET so don’t try to blend it out again because you will just mess it up. This foundation lasts me all day and/or night long and keeps me relatively matte without drying me out too much. Once it’s on it doesn’t feel super heavy or cakey which is nice for how full coverage and pigmented it is. I spent at least an hour trying to figure out online which color to get in this and while I like to think I picked the best match I do definitely have to blend it very well down my neck and blend very very well if I’m wearing my hair up. This foundation color is also super yellow which I like because I think it balances out my redness, but I know not everyone likes super yellow foundation. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a full coverage foundation with great coverage and staying power who has normal to oily skin. This is my favorite thing I bought. This price tag is a little high, but I’m hoping that since it’s so pigmented that I will use less and it will last me longer (fingers crossed!) Here’s a pic of me wearing it:
&& let’s keep it real here’s the unedited photo: Continue reading Reviews of My Sephora VIB 2014 Purchases
**UPDATE 11/10/17: Looking for the Fall 2017 Sephora VIB Sale discount codes? Check out my Sephora Fall 2017 VIB Sale – Shopping Tips + 7 Must Try Products post!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… the time where Sephora sends those of us who have spent way too much (aka Sephora VIB) at their stores a 20% off all purchases coupon. I spend hours researching, reading reviews, watching YouTube videos, adding products to my “loves” list then to my shopping cart then take them out again. I deliberate over what I “really need” and then finally make some decisions and spend a bunch of money. Let’s back-up if you’re not familiar with Sephora VIB program.
Sephora VIB Rewards Levels:
1. Beauty Insider – Free to join, no minimum purchase, you get a free gift during your birthday month, and a few other perks. You do not get the 20% off coupon in the mail every November, but you can use a friend’s coupon in store or they actually have AMAZING gift with $25 purchase options. Honestly I’m pissed that these aren’t available to VIBs because I really want all of them. You can sign up to be a Beauty Insider and shop immediately. Even though you won’t get the 20% off these gifts alone are worth a purchase. (Edit: These gifts were available at the Sephora VIB Sale in Fall 2014)
Kat Von D liquid lipstick, Pharrell’s new fragrance, UD eyeliner, MJ lip lacquer, like are you kidding me??
Hey y’all I’m back! I hope you’re recovering from Halloween nicely. I had a really awesome time and I’m going to do a post with details about my costume pretty soon. Although I’ve been a little lighter on the posting this month I’ve definitely had a LOT of ideas for upcoming posts and I’m always buying new products and testing them out “for research for the blog” wink wink. Seriously though, sometimes I do sit at my computer with Laneige BB Cushion foundation on the left half of my face only to see how long it lasts and if it stays dewy or becomes even more wet looking with time. The answer is that stuff never dried so if you want the dewiest face in the universe check it out at Target. I also spent a LOT of time reading reviews on one of the best sites out there MakeupAlley to find out what people thought about different products I was thinking about buying and to check out the products on the Best Value list. This website is a phenomenal resource if you’re ever on the fence about purchasing a product or want more information on it. Ok now let’s move on to MY favorites/reviews/recommendations for the month of October!
Before I even get to the beauty products I will let you know that the middle sparkly pumpkin was from Home Goods I believe and the two minis are real pumpkins from Trader Joes. The one on the left is painted gold with a really cool product called Rub and Buff and the right one is just painted white. Both of the stems are coated in gold glitter. My very crafty roommate made these and they looked great.
1. House of Lashes False Lashes in Iconic ($12 or 3 for $30) pictured with the House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive ($8) – I have already talked about how much I love this lash adhesive back in my February favorites, but for a re-cap it’s latex-free and I think that’s why my eyes no longer water non-stop when I wear falsies. It’s easy to work with and apply with the brush, it dries quickly and invisibly, and it’s strong and long lasting. I bought the Iconic lashes during a Labor Day sale on the HoL website and finally got around to wearing them this past month and I love them! These are very bold, dense synthetic lashes that add nice drama. I’ve already re-used a pair with no issues. The only problem with these lashes is because they are the Premium Luxe line and have a multi-layered design they have to have a thicker band in order to hold all of those lashes together. This means that you pretty much have to wear black eyeliner on your top lid in order to hide the band, but that’s not a huge issue for my because chances are if I want this much drama I’m already rocking a big old wing up top. Here’s me getting pouty with them last weekend: