Tis the season… to get into a relationship? Cuffing season is here where single people (hand)”cuff” themselves to a partner so they don’t have to brave the winter (and holiday gatherings) all alone.
What is Cuffing Season?
“Cuffing Season” is the time of year beginning mid-Septemberish when summer has come to an end and single people start looking for relationships. Cuffing season happens because it’s dark and cold and single people don’t want to be the only one without a partner for Thanksgiving/Hanukkah/Christmas/New Years. People who normally are comfortable casually dating more than one person at a time are too tired and cold to put in the effort. They want to find a partner they can stay cozy and warm together inside. They also don’t want to have the annual conversation with their parents about why they aren’t married yet.
When is Cuffing Season?
Cuffing season begins during the fall and really heats up near Halloween. Starting to date at Halloween is the perfect amount of time to be dating for it to not be awkward to spend the holidays together. Halloween also coincides with daylight savings time which is another incentive to cuff. Plus for girls who were dieting for Halloween this may be their peak body time and they’d really like to put on a sweater, get a boyfriend, and start eating again.
Is Cuffing Season a good time to meet someone?
Continue reading Is Cuffing Season a Good Time to Meet Someone?
If you listen to my BFF Annabelle’s podcast Adderall and Compliments, you have probably heard her mom Nancy aka Fancy Nancy as one of the guests. I’ve known Nancy for over 10 years now and let me tell you, she is definitely not a regular mom. The kittens (aka listeners of Adderall and Compliments) requested that Fancy Nancy put together a holiday gift guide and I immediately followed up because I thought it was such a fabulous idea! So here is Fancy Nancy’s Holiday Gift Guide for 2017!
Also- don’t forget to use Ebates for your holiday shopping!! I’m getting $64.96 cash back on my next big fat paycheck! It’s not scammy (promise). Ok now on to the shopping!
- Voluspa Mini Tin Candle Set ($40)
- Portrait Personalized Cookie Cutter ($49)
- Cable Knit Coffee Cozy ($5.40)
- BOSE SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker ($109)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Green Agate Coasters ($65)
- Fairy Lights ($17.88)
- Succulent Terrarium ($34.99)
- Kennebunk Home ‘Bliss’ Plush Throw ($39.99)
- Organic Bath Salts Sample Vials ($6)
- Canvas Prints ($10+)
- Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set for Back/Neck Pain Relief ($19.99) Fancy Nancy says kittens swear by this! I might pick one up for my step mom!
- F*ck Mug ($13.99)
- NEST Outdoor Security Camera ($199)
- Native Union USB-A to USB Cable ($24.99)
- Valentino Garavani Camo Rockrunner Sneaker ($795)
- WiFi Dash Cam ($59.99) RJ has literally written a letter to Santa (and emailed it to Annabelle) asking for a dash cam so he can live stream himself from his work truck.
- Native Union CLIC Card iPhone Case ($49.99)
- Cathy’s Concepts Monogram Messenger Bag ($82)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Front Jacket ($139)
- Cuisinart Griddler ($44.99) – I will never forget the year RJ wanted a “Sandwich press” that’s not a panini maker.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Knit Pony Lounge Pants ($42)
- The Art of Shaving Cream ($21.25)
- Leather Earbud Case ($11.99)
- Funpaw Playbot Pet Camera and Pet Feeder ($139.99) Ok RJ did not have this on his list, but I would imagine he would be OBSESSED with it since he’s such a huge animal lover!
- UGG Ascot Leather Slipper ($119.95)
- Fringe Tassel Earrings ($24)
- Juliette Rose Gold Holographic Nail Polish ($10)
- Kick Ass Kitten Keychain ($16) Of course we have to rep that Adderall and Compliments Merch! But this keychain isn’t just cute, it can also be used as a self defense weapon! Plus it makes it way easier to find your keys in your purse. I’ve had mine for years and LOVE it. This is the best stocking stuffer.
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones ($249)
- Your Handwriting Bar Necklace ($69.20)
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan ($116)
- SPANX Faux Leather Leggings ($98)
- Large Boho Earrings ($35)
- Tory Burch ‘Miller’ Flip Flop ($198)
- Kitten Mug ($9.99)
- Vans Classic Slip-On Sneaker ($59.95)
- Kate Spade Mini Small Square Stud Earrings ($32)
- Gaiam Dry Grip Yoga Mat (~$42) Nancy herself is a yoga teacher and practices daily!
- Sony A5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera ($448) AKA the “MAGIC” Camera because it has a beauty filter that smooths your skin, the auto color-correct is superb, the screen flips up for selfies, and you can transfer the images to your phone wirelessly even if you don’t have wifi!
- E is for Emmy Custom Initial Charm Necklace ($36)
(Not pictured) Tassell Charging Keychain ($8.95)
What do you think? Did Fancy Nancy nail it or what? She is fabulous!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a (small) commission if you decide to make a purchase. This helps enable my insane beauty product shopping addiction so thank you! Read more about what that means and how it works on my Disclosure page.