I was bored and browsing Twitter the other day (btw let’s be Twitter friends! I’m @blushinginhwood) when I saw OKCupid had posted this:
I thought “I’m a dating blogger, I’ve got this” and sure enough they picked mine!: Continue reading My Awkward OkCupid Date Immortalized in Cartoon
I really love this video I think this girl is awesome and hilarious. Megan MacKay is a writer and comedian from Canada and you can check out her website for more info meganmackay.net She combines some of my favorite things in this one: feminism, makeup, humor, calling people out on their shit, and helping women. I hope this video goes even more viral than it has already!
Some of my favorite parts:
- Foundation in a new shade called The NFL because it will cover up anything just to save face
- The intersectional feminism eyeshadow primer- And to those people generally the best thing to do is um read a fucking history book.
- Bronzer time! I love this name it’s so punny it’s ‘Orange You Sad That the American News Source Most Dedicated to Truthful Journalism Turned Out To Be TMZ?’
So yeah be sure to check out this video because this girl is quick and it has a good message. Also, if you don’t want your day to take a turn for the worst I recommend (and this is just s general life tip) to not read the comments.
More of her videos that I loved: Continue reading Ray Rice Inspired Makeup Tutorial
What to write in that little blurb? Here’s some things to consider not writing:
1. “The baby in the picture is NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M A PROUD UNCLE OK STOP ASKING!!!!” – Woah calm down.
2. “I guess everyone is putting their heights? That’s like a thing? So here’s mine 5’5” – The reason why you need to put your height is because when you’re crouching down to pet a tiger or taking a shirtless bathroom selfie I can’t really get a gauge as to how tall you are/how much I’ll potentially be towering over you. As much fun as it is to try to figure out how many Axe body sprays tall you might be from the bathroom pic and convert that, I’d rather you take the detective work out of it and just tell me.
3. Ok those are all the tips you get because if you’re inspired to go on and on about how great you are or how much money you have or how much you hate sluts PLEASE do so we all know which way to swipe.