It’s almost Sephora VIB Sale time!!! I’d love it if you used this link or click on the banner below to shop the Sephora VIB sale and help support Blushing in Hollywood:
Ok time for a refresher- Sephora’s loyalty program has 3 different levels or tiers. There’s a few things that are true for all 3 tiers:
- ANYONE can participate in the sale and use the discount code. All you have to do is sign up for free to be a Beauty Insider (see below).
- You can use the discount online or in store including Sephora in JCPenney locations.
- You can use the discount as many times as you want during the days it is available. NO LIMIT! You can do both in store and online purchases if you so please 🙂
- It is valid on EVERY brand in the store (!!) The discount is on your entire purchase.
- The discount is not applicable to gift cards, Sephora Play! Boxes, or Sephora Flash Shipping ($10/year for free 2-day shipping on every order). Anyone can purchase Flash Shipping for a year and if you are VIB Rouge it’s free/included.
Sephora Beauty Insider – 4/20/17-4/23/17; 10% Discount
The base level is Beauty Insider. Anyone can be a Sephora Beauty Insider it’s free to sign up and there’s no minimum purchase. Once you sign up online or in store you’re eligible to get a free birthday gift during your birthday month (this year you can get a Tarte blush and lip gloss or 2 Caudalie skin care deluxe samples), you can get free beauty classes, and you are able to use the discounts during the Sephora VIB sales. Sephora has it’s biggest sale of the year in November where you will receive 15% off typically if you are a Beauty Insider (and 20% off for VIB and VIB Rouge). The “smaller” sale is in the Spring typically in April and you get 10% off if you are a Beauty Insider from Thursday 4/20/17 through Sunday 4/23/17 both online and in store. The code is BISPRING and if you do not receive the mailer, you can just tell the cashier you want to use the discount.
Sephora VIB – 4/19/17-4/24/17; 15% Discount
Continue reading “Sephora VIB Sale Spring 2017 – How It Works, Post Round-Up, and Ebates”
My friend Spencer Scott who is a perfume collector told me on Valentine’s Day 2016 that she had been wearing a perfume that guys love. I smelled it and really liked it’s feminine, sweet scent and then kind of forgot about it.
Continue reading “Men Love This Perfume on Women”
Ms. Cynthia Bailey the supermodel entrepreneur on Real Housewives of Atlanta just turned 50. Fifty years old ladies and gentleman! She looks absolutely incredible so I just HAD to do some research and find out what her beauty secrets are. I’ve even seen Cynthia in passing at the Grove in Los Angeles and she was absolutely stunning just like a supermodel should be.
“The thing that modeling has taught me about beauty is that it’s really individual. I work with so many different types of beauties, as a model. It’s not so much traditional. It’s about working with what you have and owning it. Confidence is so much of a part of being beautiful. I’ve met so many women who weren’t model-beautiful. Their confidence and everything about them is so beautiful to me.” – Cynthia Bailey (Source)
Cynthia Bailey’s Skin Care
Continue reading “Cynthia Bailey’s Beauty Secrets”
I am still LOVING the Sephora PLAY! Box. If you’re not familiar with it, here’s a quick rundown:
- It’s a monthly subscription box that costs $11/month and comes with 5 deluxe samples of products (only ones sold at Sephora!) and a perfume sample (so 6 products total).
- The products are a mix of hair, skin care and makeup and are semi determined by your preferences, but mostly they’re just products that everyone can use.
- You can sign up and get on a wait list to get it here.
- It also comes with a collectible bag and a paper with tips and tricks for every product.
- The Sephora PLAY! Box also comes with a card you can bring into your local store and it will score you 50 Beauty Insider points with any purchase. Beauty Insider points can be used like Chuck-E-Cheese tickets to get more deluxe samples. Typically you’d have to spend $50 to get 50 points and 100 points gets you a deluxe sample. You do not have to purchase something in the box to get the points, but you do have to make a purchase.
- When I see that little black and white striped box in my mailbox it is the highlight of my day every damn time.
- If you have more questions check out Sephora’s PLAY Box FAQ.
Here’s what we got this month: Continue reading “Sephora Play Box February 2017”
Since I’ve already done Lisa Vanderpump (twice for LVP actually), Erika Jayne aka Erika Girardi, and Lisa Rinna I figured the next Real Housewife of Beverly Hills whose beauty secrets we all want to know is obviously Kyle Richards aka Kyle Richards Umansky. I have scoured the internet for any and all interviews with Kyle about her favorite beauty products, makeup, hair care, skin care, etc. and have put them all together for your enjoyment here!
What’s your beauty mantra in five words or less? Kyle Richards (source)
“When in doubt, do without!”
How Old is Kyle Richards?
Continue reading “Kyle Richards’ Beauty Secrets”
I recently attended a Nordstrom Morning Beauty Event and they had TONS of awesome gift ideas I had to share! If you didn’t know, Nordstrom regularly holds great (free!) beauty events in store where you usually get some really great samples and freebies! They had tons of raffles at mine and I even won a Nest home diffuser! You can see if your store is having any Nordstrom events here. The Nordstrom at the Grove is even having Mr. Francois Nars in store on December 10th from 2-4pm for a book signing.
Also don’t forget to use Ebates because Nordstrom currently has 6% cash back.
My top pick for a gift is either of these: Continue reading “Holiday Gift Ideas for Her 2016”
More of my Sephora VIB 2016 Wish list- this time I’m talking about the skin care, hair care, and fragrance/perfumes I’m lusting after.
Drunk Elephant Let’s B Clear $82 ($130 value) Just go ahead and give me all the fancy skin care kits please and thank you! Drunk Elephant has amazing products that are actually backed by science so they work. This kit includes some of their best sellers- Pekee Bar, B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel, TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, C-Firma Day Serum, and Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. Continue reading “Sephora VIB 2016 Wish List – Skin Care, Hair, and Fragrance”
Recently, Beauty Plus Salon offered me my choice of a few new products to try out and I was super excited when I saw some products on the website that I’d been wanting to try. Here was my look:
Continue reading “Date Night Hair and Outfit With Beauty Plus Salon”
We all love Erika Jayne’s over-the-top glam, but I think what’s even more appealing about her is her honesty. I read every interview I could find about Erika Jayne’s beauty routine and she is not sugar coating it for us. She is not afraid to let you know she did not wake up like this.
Continue reading “Erika Jayne’s Beauty Secrets”
What do you think makes someone beautiful? Confidence is the base to all beauty. – Erika Jayne (Source)
Rejoice beauty lovers and try-ers of new things, Sephora has it’s very own monthly subscription box! The box is called Play! By Sephora and it started September 2015, but the caveat is that you can’t just sign up and get it, you have to be on a wait list first (womp womp). It took me about 2-3 months to get off the wait list (they email you and let you know when that happy day comes). I haven’t received my first box yet, but I can’t wait! The box has about 5 samples along with a Play! book that explains what they are and how to use them. You also get a card called a Play Pass that you can bring into Sephora to get a free personalized tutorial and 50 bonus Beauty Insider points (which means even more samples!) when you make a purchase. The box is totally reasonable at $10 a month plus sales tax and shipping is included. Hurry up and sign-up for the wait list for Play! By Sephora so you can get in on the next box! Also a little hint, when you get the email that says you’re off the wait list and you click the link to get the box it looks like you’re signing up for the wait list again, but don’t worry that’s the correct box to enter your email address into. Here’s what the May 2016 Play! By Sephora box looked like: Continue reading “Play! By Sephora”